Can an FZ8 handle Two People okay?

rigger4343

One more question concerning the FZ8 and suspension....

Do you guys think that a 13 model would be a better choice being that the suspension is a little more adjustable?

rigger4343

Thanks again for the input guys. I figured that the newer bike suspension would be better. I just thought I would ask. Some bikes can handle the weight and some cant.

I have a guy coming for my Buell this week so once I get that cash in hand, I will look back at this FZ8.

I figured for seven grand out the door for a bike that only has 45 miles on it, is not a bad deal. That would be getting the bike for about $6600 plus or minus a few bucks. I don't think that is to bad for a bike that you might as well say is brand new since it has such low miles on it.

Levek

Everyone I've taken on rides has had nothing bad to say. However I wouldn't enjoy doing long distance, 2up, on the fz8.

greenturbo

Like master said I ride two up at times and find my tiny gf pushing my family jewels into my tank...lol. but it does handle fine and has plenty of power to handle two. Just protect the jewels ;)

AGREED

i have her put her hand on the tank under breaking.

TGPrevost

We've ridden 2 up for five hour trips; I agree with other post about riding techniques / positions as well as an aftermarket seat for both. My opinion is you can not beat the Shad seat, it works great and for her it is more level and will allow her to ride much more comfortable as well as prevent her from sliding forward. The bike does have luggage options and the Givi G35 hard side cases fit with the lines of the bike and the frames can be put on or removed in about 30 seconds so your bike looks completely stock with them off.

[]V[]addog

We've ridden 2 up for five hour trips; I agree with other post about riding techniques / positions as well as an aftermarket seat for both. My opinion is you can not beat the Shad seat, it works great and for her it is more level and will allow her to ride much more comfortable as well as prevent her from sliding forward. The bike does have luggage options and the Givi G35 hard side cases fit with the lines of the bike and the frames can be put on or removed in about 30 seconds so your bike looks completely stock with them off.

I agree, but i dont want to get luggage i can;t remove, i only need it a few times a year and I dont want it, or a metal frame on my bike when i dont need it.
i wish someone would make a seat with a back rest!

[]V[]addog

We're mostly DIY here so maybe replace that sentence with "I wish someone would stop me from buying a spare seat and adding a backrest to it"

lol, ha ha ha .....NO

I'm cool with DIY thing , but when it comes to the safety of my woman, I would not attempt that.