Cable clutch ajustment problem

Ptate

Hey guys
1st sorry for my bad english

Ok , so last week i went for a ride and i noticed my shift lever was verry hard to change gear and almost imposible to put in neutral, also i notice a little gap on my clutch lever .

So i ajust the little wheel on the clutch lever (almost un-screw it all) after everything was alright and smooth

Today i went for a spin, and suprise! After a couple of shift , i could not change gear , still my little wheel at the clutch lever was all un srew so. I check it (on the side of the road cuz the bike wont start) and when i pull the clutch lever the cable dont pull enough to desengage the gear so i can shift . I manage to come back home (2-3km) but now nothing.

My bike is a 2015 and has 5000km on it , is it possible my cable stretch so much i have to ajust it?

If yes , i checked how to do it

If im not mistaken i have to pull out the little rubber on the 2 nuts and screw them so it pull the cable . Am i right?

Is it normal or my bike has a problem

Thanks guys
Alex

Blackfin

Very unusual to have cable issues on a new(ish) bike with so-few KMs.

I wouldn't have expected to use up all the adjustment at the lever at this point.

There's another cable adjustment but it's under the tank, on the left-side frame rail. You need to lift (not remove) the tank to get to it. Turn the lever adjuster almost all the way back in and use the adjustment under the tank to set the free play. You should be able to then use the lever adjuster as needed to maintain the play where it should be.

Before doing any of that though give everything a visual check. Make sure everything is mechanically sound; adjusting the cable to make another issue won't fix the real problem...

reALIGNed

Personally I wouldn't touch it, park it and call your local dealer. Warranty issue here and if you work on it, that could void their coverage. Most dealerships are prepared to make service calls and/or transport your bike to their shop at their expense. Might be a simple fix but you never know.

Ptate

The bike waranty is expired . It was 1 year and the bike is a 2013

I solve the problem , the were a nut missing (probably on the assembly of the bike) on the ajustment cable (only one at the end and none on the bike side)

So i manage to put one on each side and then ajust it . Since the bike shift like a charm and no cluch smell at all so i think i'm good

I dont know if its me but the bike sound a little different ... You think something about that?

Thanks
Alex

Personally I wouldn't touch it, park it and call your local dealer. Warranty issue here and if you work on it, that could void their coverage. Most dealerships are prepared to make service calls and/or transport your bike to their shop at their expense. Might be a simple fix but you never know.

Fazerboy66

Guys, the first port of call for adjusting the clutch is your adjuster wheel on the handlebars, it that runs out of adjustment then yo should slacken it off and take up the slack on the adjuster down by the clutch arm on the engine.
You should also consider regular lubrication of the cable with oil, wd40 or a good quality PTFE lube.