Buying an FZ8 this week - help please

suss427

Yeah cycle trader is ate up with 2011 under 6500.

Not in eastern Iowa or Chicago area's (52242) (60093)

These prices are usually before fees correct?

I was quoted:

7,974 By first dealer listed above with a decent amount of haggling (I am so glad I am not in this business) I think they will still give some more.

8286.55 by the local dealer over the phone with no arm twisting

and this by a guy I was referred to (Matt is the owner):
"$7,767bike plus5% tax/$106title fees………If you’re interested in this price let me know I’ll have to travel to get one
Thanks Matt"

I think I will offer them 7,400 consistent to dropping the freight. (600 seems pretty expensive btw especially if they get a semi load of crated bikes.....)

suss427

C

Camo

Fuck I just wish the bikes had of been that cheap here in Australia...Mine cost 12k with free rego and insurance. At 7.5k I could have upgraded the suspension and put a full system on it :(

suss427

Fuck I just wish the bikes had of been that cheap here in Australia...Mine cost 12k with free rego and insurance. At 7.5k I could have upgraded the suspension and put a full system on it :(

I wish we had kangaroo's and Australian women / weather. I guess you can't have everything :)

Still no movement yet on the bike... Thanks for all of the help thus far.

C

Camo

Trust me when I say the women are about as welcoming as the Kangaroos and the weather is up to shit! When it's not flooding or at least pissing down rain, it's about to lol.
Good luck with the bike :)

hypo

I went PRE-shopping today with my wife.

the place I got mine from tried to tell me that they'd sell me a 2011 for 8490, but they'd chop 1000 off the price for me... so I looked at my papers and wouldja LOOK AT THAT... the same exact price I PAID FOR IT A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!

COME ON PEOPLE !!!!!! the 2012 is out!!! CUT ME SOME SLACK HERE! So I went down the road and found 2 2012's for 8690ish... and started talking some business.

suss427

Need bike

Just got a new job :) I need to get around to buying this bike. Does anyone else have transaction data as far as out the door price you paid for a 2011? My consensus is that I am going to have to spend $7300-$7600.

Thanks for all of the replies, It really gives me a good idea as to what these things are worth. I really wish I was not in the middle of nowhere so the dealers had some more competition... oh well. I think the registration is more expensive here as well.

Btucker1420

My friend just picked up his 2011 for 6400 out the door find a dealer that has a 2011 an a 2012 if you can they will pretty much pay you to take the 11 off their hands

TeleRob

Wish I would have read this thread before I bought my bike (2011) last Saturday.
I paid:
7499: bike
399: setup
260: reg+dmv

I thought I was getting a good deal, considering the new bikes were 8650.

I've bought from the dealer before and they are pretty firm on the prices. I've managed only a few hundred off and that was threatening to walk out, but I've only bought 2 bikes there, and they were already on special.

I got what is know as an executive lease. They used the bike for promotions
and reviews. It had 6,000 miles but came with a 1 year warrenty and the reg
paid for. I paid 6,995.00