Built in helmet lock!

HeresMyMind

I searched and couldn't find anything on this, luckily after some attempts i learned that you can place the 2 metal D rings on your helmet, on the Left metal hook on the rear seat. then you can clip the rear seat down!

Just an FYI that haven't figured this out. (took me 4 months)

-B

Darksabre

Didn't think about this. Thanks for the info. Been wondering how i can lock down my helmet since I'm going to be getting a high dollar one here pretty soon. My old Nolan is due for retirement.

Rotaryknight

I searched and couldn't find anything on this, luckily after some attempts i learned that you can place the 2 metal D rings on your helmet, on the Left metal hook on the rear seat. then you can clip the rear seat down!

-B

Thats way better than the stock rubber band they give you under the seat lol

If you are really vested in your helmet, you should look into this
Motorcycle Helmet Lock - HelmetSecure

Sinooch

I tried this yesterday and couldn't get it to work. maybe I didn't do it right. can you post a pic of it? maybe the d ring strap is just too short on my helmet. I have an HJC and it wouldn't work

reALIGNed

I tried this yesterday and couldn't get it to work. maybe I didn't do it right. can you post a pic of it? maybe the d ring strap is just too short on my helmet. I have an HJC and it wouldn't work

Same here, I have a Speed and Strength helmet, and it won't fit. Almost like the strap is too short :mad:

Lagi

-B

Any chance you could take a pic and show us what you mean? I can't figure out how to do what you're doing here despite my attempts !!! :confused:

tout1jn

So what is the news here? Has anyone figured out a way to secure a helmet under the passenger seat? I know I've tried, probably spent too much time doing so, to no avail. I just bought a GT Air and I'm not comfortable leaving it around like I did my GMax. Waiting to buy a real lock until I figure out whether or not I've just totally overlooked something easy under the seat!

Sinooch

Idk. the creator of this thread never posted a picture on how he locked his helmet in. I understand what he means he did or at least i think i do, but i don't believe it works for my helmet. When i tried it i couldn't close my passenger seat. I think it might just be that my strap is shorter on my helmet and thats why it didn't work for me.