Bring on the abuse!

H

Hoover

Welllllll, I'm joining the big boys!

Picked up a FZ1 rear shock from the Sister site today. Got it for 50 bux including shipping.

Not that there is ANYTHING WRONG with the one I have, its just the FZ1 one is prettier ;)

C

Camo

Haha, you'll notice the difference mate.... Even if the FZ1 boys don't rate it, it is a big improvement on the rubbish the 8 comes with.

D

Deleted member 438

About time. If you just got it for looks then make sure you have the adjustments way off.

D

DJK1505

Haha, you'll notice the difference mate.... Even if the FZ1 boys don't rate it, it is a big improvement on the rubbish the 8 comes with.

Oh I think thats the best mod for the money. There is a very noticeable diff, and for 50 buck.... hell I wasted that on a gamble with these cams. Nice score man!!!

DJ

tzortn

Pillion
Are you using the stock shock or are you replacing the spring?

I am still on the fence trying to decide if I want go the FZ1 or Penske route.

H

Hoover

Are you using the stock shock or are you replacing the spring?

I am still on the fence trying to decide if I want go the FZ1 or Penske route.

The whole assembly is a bolt in. 20 min job.

For 50 bux shipped, a total no-brainer.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
Welllllll, I'm joining the big boys!

Picked up a FZ1 rear shock from the Sister site today. Got it for 50 bux including shipping.

Not that there is ANYTHING WRONG with the one I have, its just the FZ1 one is prettier ;)

Well, now i am on the lookout!! :D

F

Fazed

The fz1 shock may be over sprung for the lighter individuals on this forum.

H

Hoover

Sorry to be rude hoover, but how much do you weigh?

No worries mate.

Before my accident, my fighting weight was 180 and I am 6'

Now, 8 months into crippledom, I have blossomed! A svelte 195 on a good day.
I have aquired a static wheel for my bicycle, so I am hoping to get a bit off before the spring. I am riding about 15 miles a day in my living room!

I will say this, and this won't be the first time, so haters can F off...

For the kind of riding I do now, which is mostly city, highway and the occasional thrash in the countryside, I did not find the stock unit that bad, however, my wife likes to ride with me, and that's when it showed its weakness.

For me, dumping 50 bux on a decent FZ1 unit was an easy choice.

Oh, and its soooo much prettier ;)