Bright led turn signal test with Motodynamic tail VIDEO

dtbrown

Now before you ask why I installed turn signals with the Motodynamic tail light, I have two reasons. First IMO it's safer to have as much visibility when changing lanes as possible. And I actually like the look of the bike with turn signals. Oh, and it's the law here to keep them on the bike. :)

I shopped around for a while for LED turn signals because I just wanted a less bulky turn signal to slim down the look. But most what I found sucked for brightness and most didn't include resistors. Rizoma where the best option but not cheap by any means.

Finally I came across these and only one place sells them. They are a cheaper LED turn signal that I found that was surprisingly as bright as stock "which most cheap LED aren't" and they look half way decent too. Also I installed them with Motodynamic tail light and new fender eliminator kit so you can compare in the video. And if you couldn't tell they are a knock off of the Rizoma turn signal.

Surprisingly cheap at $34 shipped and they come with the relay. Quality is what is expected for price but I'm surprised how bright they are and how decent they look too. Only thing I would have liked to see in the quality portion of the turn signal is larger gauge wire used. One wire broke from resistor but I just soldered it back on. I probably would suggest finding a much smaller resistor system to use with these as the one they come with are kind of bulky having multiple wires and resistors.

Let me know what you think.

Links are below of what I have.

Video
Fz8 bright LED turn signal and Motodynamic tail light - YouTube

LED
Motorcycle Model Zero LED Super Bright Turn Signals Indicators Black x 2 | eBay

Fender eliminator kit

Fender Eliminator Kit LED License Plate Lights Yamaha FZ 1 06 11 FZ 8 11 12 | eBay

Last edited:

Jacek3743

I like it. It complements the motodynamic really well. This actually gives me an idea... Hmm..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

charris247

I have the Motodynamic installed and opted to remove the rear blinkers. I have been looking for a nice pair to replace the front blinkers and really like these. They are very similar to the Rizoma Zero7s but nowhere near the cost. Definitely going to order a pair.

Thanks,
NEIL

dtbrown

Glad you like. My only suggestion would be to get different resistors because the ones that come with this kit are bulky and to many wires and you'll have a hard time finding room behind headlight. I'm ordering these I found for cheap.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200756159495

I have the Motodynamic installed and opted to remove the rear blinkers. I have been looking for a nice pair to replace the front blinkers and really like these. They are very similar to the Rizoma Zero7s but nowhere near the cost. Definitely going to order a pair.

Thanks,
NEIL

dtbrown

Man i really like the Fender eliminator, whole set up does look nice

I was able to use stock rubber turn signal mounts too so they work the eliminator kit perfect. Stock turn signal just unbolts and you mount new turn signal. Worked out better than I imagined.

RoadKill

i got my motodynamic installed and ansered my own question. no need to have the rear blinkers installed.

Last edited: