Bought another Yamaha

So even tho I have my FZ8n build going on for close to forever now. I scored a nice deal on a 2008 Yamaha WR250X with 4,000 miles for $4100.00. I used to have one couple years ago for about 6 months while my buddy deployed. I do have to say that it is a blast to ride. Its so light and nimble. The sound from a single cylinder at 10,000RPM is quite awesome. I did buy this bike to commute to NYC with. I used to take my other FZ8 over in NYC but the roads are so bad that the fender cracked just from the roads. Anyways really happy with the purcahse. Now i am just waiting on all my new parts to come in. BTW going to be black, i really dislike the Yamaha Blue.

7DG_2125.jpg7DG_2127.jpg7DG_2128.jpg7DG_2135.jpg7DG_2136.jpg7DG_2137.jpg

Keach

Nice purchase. I found a wr250f with a street title (very rare in Illinois) that I made street legal. Freaking love the thing. Dirt had become a lot more fun to me than street but I still love my 8.

I have a friend I plan on riding with this summer that has a wr250x and loves it.

I like my 250f for dirt but I wish I had a 6th gear for the street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice purchase. I found a wr250f with a street title (very rare in Illinois) that I made street legal. Freaking love the thing. Dirt had become a lot more fun to me than street but I still love my 8.

I have a friend I plan on riding with this summer that has a wr250x and loves it.

I like my 250f for dirt but I wish I had a 6th gear for the street!

Thanks man. Yea it really a blast to ride. I can't really compare the 8 to the WRX as it is a completely different riding style but it really is fun. I am supper happy it's a 6 speed and fuel injected, believe it or no it does pull. I would say it's faster the a cbr250. Which I think is sad for the poor Honda.

Keach

Nice yeah for me there is no reason to ride the wr on the street other than getting to the few trails around here that I spend hours on so 6th gear isn't totally necessary but if I was riding it on the street anymore than just to get to trails it seems like a must have. Fuel injection would be nice too lol, fortunately she starts up pretty easy and strong for me.

A couple of free mods really made my wr rip so couldn't be happier about that. I bought it for 2200 so I can't complain. I really need to check the valve clearance this season tho. She runs very good but With it being a new bike to me and without a stock hour meter or odometer I can't fully trust anything the guy selling it to me said.