BMW S1000R

Blinkgold311

Yes, you read it right, S1000R and not RR. BMW made a streetfighter based on the HP4 motor and on paper looks quite good. I plan on getting one soon. They advertise 160 BHP and from the youtubes, looks accurate. Anyone get anything similar?

NoNine4me

Yes, you read it right, S1000R and not RR. BMW made a streetfighter based on the HP4 motor and on paper looks quite good. I plan on getting one soon. They advertise 160 BHP and from the youtubes, looks accurate. Anyone get anything similar?
Looks like a hell of a motorcycle and one thing I really like about what they've done, is that it just has one simple setup for computer control instead of having to wade through a whole bunch of setups for traction and wheelie control, and such.

Computer will never let you use all that power though.:D

Rotaryknight

I would love to have one....if I had the money

When I heard about it some months back, I was damn excited because it might be my second bike :)......and then money problems :(

cxa0897

The BMW just doesn't excite me for some reason. I really like the rest, but the r just doesn't do it. I was thinking of possibly upgrading to a tuono for a while, but I think I will stick with the 8 and pick up something like a Daytona 675 for when I want to get crazy. I always wanted a sport bike, and the fz8 is just too good at covering all the bases to justify getting rid of. Just having a second bike solves both problems ;)

b-eock

Speed triples sound and look great. I'd like something with a little more engine than a 675 though. Maybe 1050..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

MotoZen

I think I like this better

MotoZen

Nope, still like the Streetfighter.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

DSmith

I just watched RoyalJordanian's test ride video. The bike seems incredible. Definetly one of my new favorite bikes.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMXJ210t20&list=UUgef_fFE9FEFZGQcHqp9aZw]BMW S1000R test ride - YouTube[/ame]

goldfz8

I love my Fz8. However the only problem with these naked bikes is that you get beat up by the wind. Ive taken my fz8 to 151mph and felt like i was going to fly off. Mind You the fz8 makes 50 less hp then the bmw so for 6 grand more you get something even less practical. Thats my biggest concern with all these new naked bike yea there fast as a fat kid eating cake but does it make sence really. The fz8 is quick enough to 120 how much faster do we really need it to be.

I was on the bmw forum and they were all complaining that s1000r doesent come with the rr motor. I mean i dont understand these people they just want to say they have a 193hp bike.....THAT THEY WILL NEVER USE

Ask any real rider you will never use 163 hp to its fullest but if you have the money and your willing to spend it get something because you like it not becasue its a dyno queen. Me personally ive been on the fence between the s1000r and a ktm rc8 but ultimitly decided to just invest some money into my fz8 and call it a day.

TorontoAlex

Alot of naked bikes look good in pictures but look off in person. The Triumphs, Aprilias, Ducatis, Buells to me all look a little funny. I used to love the KTM and almost bought one last year until I saw it in person. The FZ8 looks good in my opinion. I really like BMWs.

Last edited:

MotoZen

I love my Fz8. However the only problem with these naked bikes is that you get beat up by the wind. Ive taken my fz8 to 151mph and felt like i was going to fly off. Mind You the fz8 makes 50 less hp then the bmw so for 6 grand more you get something even less practical. Thats my biggest concern with all these new naked bike yea there fast as a fat kid eating cake but does it make sence really. The fz8 is quick enough to 120 how much faster do we really need it to be.

I was on the bmw forum and they were all complaining that s1000r doesent come with the rr motor. I mean i dont understand these people they just want to say they have a 193hp bike.....THAT THEY WILL NEVER USE

Ask any real rider you will never use 163 hp to its fullest but if you have the money and your willing to spend it get something because you like it not becasue its a dyno queen. Me personally ive been on the fence between the s1000r and a ktm rc8 but ultimitly decided to just invest some money into my fz8 and call it a day.

I agree with you about buying the biggest, baddest bike. It's really just a numbers game. Besides, it's a lot more fun to make a slower bike go fast, than never be able to use what you've got.

goldfz8

I agree with you about buying the biggest, baddest bike. It's really just a numbers game. Besides, it's a lot more fun to make a slower bike go fast, than never be able to use what you've got.

Yup i started on a 600cbrr and then from there got smarter and went to a 250ninja with some mods. The slower bikes really teach you how to ride i used to be able to keep up with most people on 600 or 1000s through technical turns. People forget that before you race moto gp you have to race moto 2 and 3 which is 250cc then 600cc....so for those who think they are hot shit and think they "need" 100+ hp remember theres always someone who is on a 250 that would leave you on the turns.

Unexperience riders on SS bikes is the reason my insurance is through the roof i wish they still enforced the 250cc rule that all new riders have to have a 250 cc for a year i think it was

DSmith

Unexperience riders on SS bikes is the reason my insurance is through the roof i wish they still enforced the 250cc rule that all new riders have to have a 250 cc for a year i think it was

I'd have to disagree. I know there's a lot of idiots that ride SS bikes. But i don't think the government should have any more input on what were allowed to buy, ride, or wear while we ride. My first bike was the FZ8. I respected the bike and didnt act like an idiot. I ride ATGATT no matter what. I'm still alive and still respect my bike and understand the fact that I could be killed while riding. But anybody can crash or be killed while riding any sized motorcycle, due to their negligence or someone else. Not trying to piss anyone off or start a huge debate. Just my :2cents: Ride Safe

Last edited: