Bluetooth

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I have an Hjc modular helmet and want a bluetooth device. I was looking at
the chatterbox xbi2-h. any feedback back on these? or suggestions on other brands/where to buy?

What a Great day to ride today in SLC

lyric911

I have the Sena SMH-10. Everyone I've talked to that has a Sena, praises it. Including me. Very easy to operate while moving. Excellent audio quality both on the mic and the speakers.

Edit: Check this link, too.

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I got the Schuberth c3 modular with the Cardo bluetoth system, fits as part of the neck piece in the helmet. Great for phone,music,and navigation, all wireless but can be hooked(wired) to any MP3. The helmet is the best i have owned, this modular helmet is quieter than my full face(non modular Shoei that i got a few months ago. The system comes with built in FM radio as well. Sound quality while on the phone is perfect, my wife says she can hear me clearly and can't hear my bike or any backgroung air/wind noise at all, kept asking if i was actually riding the bike while talking. You can hook it to your tunes via bluetooth, or bluetooth nav system to give you voice prompts. Highly recommend this helmet. I will be selling my HJC modular helmet now,the Schuberth is 100% quieter than my HJC modular. The Schuberth also has the black sun visor that flips down and the pinlock anti-fog system. The chin strap system on the Schuberth uses a ratchet system and can be loosened or tightened with one hand, this is a really nice feature

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I have the Sena SMH-10. Everyone I've talked to that has a Sena, praises it. Including me. Very easy to operate while moving. Excellent audio quality both on the mic and the speakers.

Edit: Check this link, too.

Just got this today, Sound is great and seems to be very good quality. very easy to mount took all of 10 minutes. paired it with my phone and ipod touch and both work great. downloaded the new firmware with ease.
after i use it awhile i'll let you know what i think. Thanks Lyric:D

lyric911

Awesome. I can report that @ 90 mph into a headwind...phone calls are difficult to hear. Anything below that seems to be good though.

D

DJK1505

I have a Scala Rider G4, freaking love that thing. Have had phone calls at 90, but on windy days it gets hard. Love the sound, easy to mount, easy to use, one of the best upgrades I have done!!!

hypo

I LOVE MY INTERPHONE F4. so easy to use. My wife and I use them everywhere we go. I had a full faced shoei RF-1000, the wife still does... I now have a Bell RS-1 and the sound is great, volume is good, and I use hearing protection inside my helmet and have no issues at all with it.

I understand that the F4 is going away and the F5 should be out or IS out already... but the INTERPHONE devices are awesome.

(wife refused to try the chatterboxes cuz they looked funny.)

I like the look of the SENA but never tried one.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
What about for music listening purposes? Which bluetooth/speaker unit sounds the best?

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
I LOVE MY INTERPHONE F4. so easy to use. My wife and I use them everywhere we go. I had a full faced shoei RF-1000, the wife still does... I now have a Bell RS-1 and the sound is great, volume is good, and I use hearing protection inside my helmet and have no issues at all with it.

I understand that the F4 is going away and the F5 should be out or IS out already... but the INTERPHONE devices are awesome.

(wife refused to try the chatterboxes cuz they looked funny.)

I like the look of the SENA but never tried one.

Sorry to get slightly off topic, but how do you like your RS-1 I just picked one up about 2 months ago. So far I love it's weight and fit but it's louder than I expected after reading the reviews.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I bought the sena smh10 spacificly for music and wireless. I had no experince with bluetooth whatsoever. I relyed soley on reviews and recomendations. and the jog dial seemed easy to use with gloves on. sounds great but still havent rode with it yet. Rain ever since i got it.:mad:

crspangenberg

Just got this today, Sound is great and seems to be very good quality. very easy to mount took all of 10 minutes. paired it with my phone and ipod touch and both work great. downloaded the new firmware with ease.
after i use it awhile i'll let you know what i think. Thanks Lyric:D

We have been using ours for a few months now we absolutely love them!

lyric911

I bought the sena smh10 spacificly for music and wireless. I had no experince with bluetooth whatsoever. I relyed soley on reviews and recomendations. and the jog dial seemed easy to use with gloves on. sounds great but still havent rode with it yet. Rain ever since i got it.:mad:

If you have the gear, rain is no reason to not ride! Also the Sena is water-resistant. Fine to use in the rain, just don't submerge it.

The jog dial is the best feature of the Sena, IMO. Most units have tiny little buttons that are fiddly at best with gloves on. The jog dial is elegant in its simplicity.

willsocgv

I have chatterbox xbi2-h , my biggest complaint is that it is not loud enough.....music and nav are loud enough under 60mph, but if u get on the freeway, forget about it

dgrdan

I have had the Sena SMH10 for about a month now and love it. Good sound quality up to about 75 mph... After that wind noise wins, but wind and naked bikes go together. Use it for mp3 and phone calls.

lyric911

I have had the Sena SMH10 for about a month now and love it. Good sound quality up to about 75 mph... After that wind noise wins, but wind and naked bikes go together. Use it for mp3 and phone calls.

I have an SMH10 as well and have had two phone calls @ 90 mph and could hear them acceptably. They could hear me perfectly.