BKMoto Projector Height Adjustment

ramrod

So I am about 90% done with the install... unfortunately I am waiting for a replacement halo to be sent.

Everything is painted and all wires are ran. Since the airbox was off I decided to go ahead and remove the sub-throttle plates. Next to the R1 Shock, this is on of the funest installs.

For all those who have done projector installs, what do you use as a reference when adjusting the height? I guess what I am asking is how far back from the wall do you have the bike and how high do you aim the beam? I don't want to have it too high where it is in peoples eyes, but since then again the projector has a pronounced cut off so It's not like normal headlights that use the reflectors to diffuse the beam in farther situations. Since I am unable to take the bike for a spin it's hard to judge and I'd like to get some advice, thanks.

alexk

Weekend Rider
Use this is a guide for how to aim the high beams. If you're doing this alone, it will take a few passes because you'll need to compare the beam to the mark while on the bike (your weight will compress the suspension)

Once you get the bike in riding condition, adjust as needed so that at a normal following distance the lows illuminate license plates but don't hit car rearview mirrors.

(from my prior bike's manual. Worked brilliantly for both its stocker and its aftermarket upgrade)

Last edited: