Biker's paradise in Toronto

V

Vapordan

Quite by accident I ran into this gem. No police. No bicycles. No cars .No potholes. No gravel. No people. No houses. No farm equipment. Its like a fucking race track! Fresh black top. It's better than sex. This is IN TORONTO, the home of straight roads!!! I'm there multiple times per week.I'm addicted to it. I dream of it. I torture the FZ8 on it. I need help. I've rediscovered the joy of riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WARPTH

Quite by accident I ran into this gem. No police. No bicycles. No cars .No potholes. No gravel. No people. No houses. No farm equipment. Its like a fucking race track! Fresh black top. It's better than sex. This is IN TORONTO, the home of straight roads!!! I'm there multiple times per week.I'm addicted to it. I dream of it. I torture the FZ8 on it. I need help. I've rediscovered the joy of riding.

im catching a plane to toronto to ride this road!

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
I don't recall seeing this inside of Toronto after living here for 47 years! Where, oh where is this? I promise to keep it a secret! I'll buy you a beer if you divulge the location! :iconbeer:

ill be down by Toronto this summer I would like to see this road there are very few roads in Ontario !! I have heard the calabogie hwy is something to check out tho!

C

Camo

Secret spots aren't secret once you tell the first person....

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
ill be down by Toronto this summer I would like to see this road there are very few roads in Ontario !! I have heard the calabogie hwy is something to check out tho!

Have you seen this map yet? http://shanekingsley.com/Two%20Wheeling/ontario_bikeroads.jpg

Secret spots aren't secret once you tell the first person....

We would only divulge the location to fellow FZ8'ers on this forum and we can all take a vow of silence, and if the vow is broken it is punishable by forever having this as your passenger:

shadowman

I've done most of the roads around Peterborough and Haliburton. I've done the Westport backroads last year, in the early spring. There was too much crap on the road still, so I was taking it very easy. I meant to get back later in the season, but I never got to it. Maybe this year.

Vapordan, how about a little PM disclosing the location of this hidden gem. It'll be our little secret.:sinister:

FZ8canuk

I have done the 511 hwy to Calabogie many times I live about a 30 minute bike ride from it . I take the back roads through Almonte to it which puts me at about the middle of it . So we run it in to Calabogie stop at the stinsons gas station which is packed with bikes from every walk of life fuel up and run it back all the way to Perth Ontario and then home. It's about a 2 hour run and we usually do this run a couple of times a week I think it's about an 80 km ride door to door.

I have done the 511 hwy to Calabogie many times I live about a 30 minute bike ride from it . I take the back roads through Almonte to it which puts me at about the middle of it . So we run it in to Calabogie stop at the stinsons gas station which is packed with bikes from every walk of life fuel up and run it back all the way to Perth Ontario and then home. It's about a 2 hour run and we usually do this run a couple of times a week I think it's about an 80 km ride door to door.

I worked with a guys from perth ,minden, and Madawaska I got to drive all threw there in the work truck looked like beauty roads threw there!!

but they were telling me the calabogie road is the place to be!

FZ8canuk

I worked with a guys from perth ,minden, and Madawaska I got to drive all threw there in the work truck looked like beauty roads threw there!!

but they were telling me the calabogie road is the place to be!

I've run all those roads up there except for centennial lake road which I only take less than half way through to get to my hunt camp will be doing it this summer. Calabogie road is the 508 hwy and once you get past the ski hills it gets really bad not at all smooth and lots of patched up pavement. The. 511 has a lot more twistys and a lot less traffic. You should try and get down there for a ride, on a sunny Sunday afternoon its nothing but bikes. It's pretty cool.

V

Vapordan

I've done most of the roads around Peterborough and Haliburton. I've done the Westport backroads last year, in the early spring. There was too much crap on the road still, so I was taking it very easy. I meant to get back later in the season, but I never got to it. Maybe this year.

Vapordan, how about a little PM disclosing the location of this hidden gem. It'll be our little secret.:sinister:

It's on the map, is all I can say. Great map by the way. Great map. Can't wait for summer.

V

Vapordan

well maybe if we head down that way maybe we could have guide?

Maybe. But you'd have to leave now, it will take you a few months to get to my area, given you are way out at the north pole.

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
It's on the map, is all I can say. Great map by the way. Great map. Can't wait for summer.

If it's on the map I posted a link to, then all the bikers know about it.

If it's the road I am guessing, I used to ride it back in the late 80's...even back then it became too popular on nice sunny weekends even with the "general public", especially in the fall when the fall colours were out...

One of my favouries back then was McDougall Rd outside of Parry Sound. My buddy had a cottage on Lake Manitouwabing and we rode up there a dozen or so times in '87.

Down around T.O. there are no secret roads.... :(

One of my favouries back then was McDougall Rd outside of Parry Sound. My buddy had a cottage on Lake Manitouwabing and we rode up there a dozen or so times in '87

i have riden that road a few times its a little broken up now because of the highway but i worked in parry sound for years!! use to through the fz in the back of the truck and haul it down