BikeMaster bar end mirrors

Crazywb23

I purchased the bikemaster bar end mirror's about a 9mo's ago. They consist of a mirrored lens sitting on a Teflon plate held in by a large threaded ring. The ring threads over the Teflon. Over time the ring vibrates loose and the ring and the lens fall out! This happened to my father in law about 2mo ago, and than me last weekend.
I contacted bikemaster to see about buying replacement parts. The guy sent me an email saying they were sorry and got my address to send the replacement parts right away, FOR FREE!!! Not only do they look awesome they support there products! I suggest if your looking for a bar end setup, go with these. The pair is around 100$ and with a longer M1 bolt and a 7/8" machine bearing spacer you can even keep the bar ends.View attachment 661

lyric911

While the customer service is admirable, a counterpoint or two.

1. You gave two examples of failure out of two purchasers. These will probably fail too, no?
  2. These look 95% identical to the ones a lot of us got from eBay for $5-10. What justifies the $90 premium?

CrownRoyal79

While the customer service is admirable, a counterpoint or two.

1. You gave two examples of failure out of two purchasers. These will probably fail too, no?
  2. These look 95% identical to the ones a lot of us got from eBay for $5-10. What justifies the $90 premium?

Probably the customer service. Where you will save $80 bucks on the eBay ones, if they fall apart, you will need to purchase new ones. He got free ones and will probably continue to receive replacements at no cost because of the company. That IMHO speaks volumns. Now would I spend $90 bucks probably not but again if this is a common problem then I would knowing I would never have to pay for replacements.

To each their own, I love bar end mirrors so honestly in this case its half a dozen one 6 the other.

TallGuyNW

I also have the BikeMaster bar-ends, but haven't had a problem with them getting loose. There is a hex bolt on either side of the ring holding the teflon ball - wouldn't tightening those bolts hold the mirror on tighter and keep it from falling out?

Wieb27

I have the $10 ones from eBay. Havent had any problems with them. I did however go to adjust the mirror once and had it fall off in my hand WHILE RIDING ON THE FREEWAY! I managed to get it in my jacket and get it back on when I got home. The nut even stayed in the bracket the entire way home.

Added a little Loctite when I got home and I'm good to go. Best $10 I ever spent.

Crazywb23

I purchased the "10$" Ebay mirrors as well. Had them before I purchased these. The head of the bolts that hold the mirror plate on the armature are behind the mirror. The bolts rattled loose from those as well and I lost the whole mirror and plate. Piss poor southern California roads are to blame.. So i decided to go with the more expensive mirrors. 1 for the quality, 2 for the customer service. Distributed right here in the U.S. and not from china...

Crazywb23

I also have the BikeMaster bar-ends, but haven't had a problem with them getting loose. There is a hex bolt on either side of the ring holding the teflon ball - wouldn't tightening those bolts hold the mirror on tighter and keep it from falling out?

The ring holding the lens in will vibrate loose over time, just check it from time to time and use a little loc-tite on the threads...