Bike fell over?? 1st time

YamaHammer

So I parked the bike and was putting the cover over it, and somehow I pulled the bike over against the pressure the kick stand. I'm thinking it wasn't all the way down? Or I pulled it forward? Damage was minimal was far as I can tell. No framer sliders so I lucked out...

Riding or wishing I was riding.

YamaHammer

Basically I suffered a scratch or two and a bent shifter, which I bent back into shape. I will re inspect tomorrow.

07cobaltLScoupe

i'm not going to lie the same thing happened to me last year. pulled it out of the garage, put the kick-stand down to get off and close the door, and all i can think is i was in a hurry and the bike rolled forward a little bit and the stand released, luckily it just hit the frame slider a little and my leg was still under the bike so no damage done.

consider it a learning experience to never be in a hurry and to ALWAYS make sure the kick-stand is down all the way and the bike can't roll forward

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I had mine fall over in the driveway while I was locking the front door. It was facing SLIGHTLY downhill and it was running. I guess it just walked off the kickstand.

MotoZen

That sucks. I've had it happen to me as well. Glad there is no major damage.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

FZ8Panda

Don't feel too bad, I've also had this happen just a few weeks after buying my 8 new. Looks like just about the same minor damage too looking at your pics. My shifter is still slightly bent. Good to see there wasn't major damage.

Dropping my bike is what caused me to go and buy the Yamaha engine guard before anything else. I wish Givi still made one for our bike since it stuck out just a tab bit more than the Yamaha guard. But yea, def get yourself some sort of sliders or a guard/cage. I think every bike owner drops their bike at least once. Part of being a rider. :p

b-eock

No need for the Givi one. I had the Yamaha one and it did great in my wreck. Engine was PERFECTLY fine after going down at 60 MPH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Keach

The 8 almost fell over once when I was about to get off of it after resting It on the side stand. I noticed the side stand on my 03 yzf600r seems a lot more stable than the one on the 8. I just put a center stand on the 8 and I think I'm going to use it a lot!

npeifer2308

Damn that sucks, glad to see there was no major damage to her. This hasn't happened to me yet with my 8, but I have dropped all 3 of my previous bikes like this, so i'm trying to be EXTRA careful with my 8, but I know it's inevitable.

Woody146

Banned
Sorry to hear man...for storage...pitbull(or any rear stand) is best..if you are like me...that's an excuse to get some rear sets...frame sliders..and one f those cages ppl are buying...

Perron

Happened to me once.. Was getting off the bike and the kickstand wasn't all the way down.. I don't have any luck so of course it had to fell on the car...

I don't know how but my car only have a slight scratch on the wing and the bike have nothing! I double check the kickstand everytime I get off the 8 now.

pigdog

Ive tipped over all 13 bikes, sometimes with me still on them, once on purpose. my 72 chevelle stopped a tip over but suffered a dent which i popped out. again, really? and every time the bikes hit the ground the first thing i would do is look around to see if anyone was looking at my bikes stupidity. stupid bike.

YamaHammer

Hahaha, yeah I feel the bikes embarrassment for falling over.

Dfinitely motivated to get sliders now.

Monkey

Thanks for sharing this. I just got my 8 recently. Yet to put my slider as I'm waiting for my akrapovic slip on to deliver. Fixing it together as not to waste my trip to the workshop.

Shall double check whenever I park.

Hey, c'mon every riders will have similar experience. I ever hit on my friend's bike while going at probably 3km/h. Both bike dropped and we laughed over it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

F

fz8kansas

Add my bike to the list of stupid bikes. Mine has gone down once in the garage. Fell against a stack of cardboard boxes. Kept it from hitting the ground. No harm done.

deleoant87

New Rider

Hey guys Im a relatively new rider and just bought my second bike after selling my old gsx650f for and upgrade to the beautiful fz8, and Im not too sure on what to do as far as protection for my bike, i have a pretty decent deal on yoshi frame sliders on revzilla for 63.13 with free shipping. My real concern is should i also get the engine sliders for it in addition to the frame sliders? this bike is my baby and i would rather put a couple hundred into precautionary measures then have to pay the aftermath. i would also love any tips on the bike and good ideas for it sense i am a newer rider! thanks!

Woody146

Banned
Hey guys Im a relatively new rider and just bought my second bike after selling my old gsx650f for and upgrade to the beautiful fz8, and Im not too sure on what to do as far as protection for my bike, i have a pretty decent deal on yoshi frame sliders on revzilla for 63.13 with free shipping. My real concern is should i also get the engine sliders for it in addition to the frame sliders? this bike is my baby and i would rather put a couple hundred into precautionary measures then have to pay the aftermath. i would also love any tips on the bike and good ideas for it sense i am a newer rider! thanks!

You can NEVER have too much protection! If your worried..buy the engine cage...it's really low profile( I don't have one but have seen in person) and would think its a stock option if it's not your bike....maybe some bar end mirrors too..way better viewing angle than stock..the rest is up to you.,there are endless options!!

DanS

Commuter

:welcome: to the forum! My last bike was a gsx650f also. I think you'll like the 8 a lot better! :) I have T-Rex frame sliders 1112 TRex Yamaha FZ8 Fazer Frame Sliders NO CUT. They worked very well when I dropped my bike in a gravel parking lot. These sliders stick out far enough to protect the engine, radiator and fuel tank.
See this thread ~ http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/3070-t-rex-sliders.html

Last edited: