Bestem carbon fibre belly pan

B

bren

Hey guys,

Have just had my bestem carbon fibre belly pan rock for my 2011 fz8... Can't seem to work out how to get it on. All the angles I try to line it up dont seem to work...

Any tips?

Cheers!

Bren

W

WARPTH

you need to supply more info if you want help, eg did it come with the mounting brackets? can you take pictures with what your having trouble with?

V

Vapordan

The belly pan comes with a metal bracket, you are probably missing yours. Go back to the purchaser to get it. It won't mount without the bracket.

B

bren

Thanks guys, no mounting equipment was sent. Can't seem to find any bolts on the bike when I line it up to remove then re screw on with the pan fitted..will try and get some pics onto here

V

Vapordan

Thanks guys, no mounting equipment was sent. Can't seem to find any bolts on the bike when I line it up to remove then re screw on with the pan fitted..will try and get some pics onto here

You have to return it. There's no possible way for it to mount without the bracket.

W

WARPTH

You have to return it. There's no possible way for it to mount without the bracket.

Maybe try zip ties and super glue if your really that determined. Or make a bracket for it to fit with a bit of steel

B

bren

went back to the seller- an ebay seller. They have told me to go to a dealer and get a bracket. Are these pricks serious?
The item description never mentioned it needing brackets, or needed them but them not being included...

I rang one yamaha dealer that seemed to think i could buy the bracket on its own, but would need to order one.. rang another who told me you can only buy the who pan and bracket kit!

W

WARPTH

went back to the seller- an ebay seller. They have told me to go to a dealer and get a bracket. Are these pricks serious?
The item description never mentioned it needing brackets, or needed them but them not being included...

I rang one yamaha dealer that seemed to think i could buy the bracket on its own, but would need to order one.. rang another who told me you can only buy the who pan and bracket kit!

if you can buy the bracket on its own. your half way there. if not. make something to fit. it wouldnt be hard. drill some holes and bend some steel. theres really not much to the bracket that holds the factory belly pan on.

as for the ebay seller. maybe go to the resolutions tab and click "not as described"
but than again. leaving things out that should be mentions isnt quite "not as described"
good luck either way

chopstic

Wow, thats one jerk of an Ebay seller, that's downright dishonest! Hopefully you paid with either pay-pal or a good credit card, so you can file a complaint and get the charges reversed.

V

Vapordan

if you can buy the bracket on its own. your half way there. if not. make something to fit. it wouldnt be hard. drill some holes and bend some steel. theres really not much to the bracket that holds the factory belly pan on.

as for the ebay seller. maybe go to the resolutions tab and click "not as described"
but than again. leaving things out that should be mentions isnt quite "not as described"
good luck either way

The bracket is kinda awkward to make. Should be easy for a metal guy, regular guy? Nope, not gonna be easy.

B

bren

Wow, thats one jerk of an Ebay seller, that's downright dishonest! Hopefully you paid with either pay-pal or a good credit card, so you can file a complaint and get the charges reversed.

Yeah used paypal. I told them their item description didnt indicate that it needed the brackets, or that they were not included- they conceded it should have been on there.

They are working on a solution for me. I paid 240 to get these, so i will demand a refund if i dont get any solutions from them by mid next week. They told me i could return them, but i told them only if they arrange the return- I am not paying for their stuff up.

B

bren

They also advised that this part is new to them, and that they dont have a lot of data.... lol

Research before selling!

B

bren

Looks like the same seller I got my un-useable rad covers from. They also came with zero mounting hardware and to be honest I wasn't impressed with the CF work either. They are just sitting in a box in my garage as the process they wanted me to go through to return them wasn't worth the hassle to me.

I was pretty lucky- they had a warehouse in Australia, and i ride past it on the way to work. So i just dropped it off and they refunded the paypal payment i made.

I ended up getting the ermaz pan and love it! more noticeble than their version.

I got some rad guards from a UK company.. i think it is GB Moto:

gbmoto carbon yamaha fz1 fz8 radiator rad cover | eBay

they look pretty good on the bike!

H

Hoover

Looks like the same seller I got my un-useable rad covers from. They also came with zero mounting hardware and to be honest I wasn't impressed with the CF work either. They are just sitting in a box in my garage as the process they wanted me to go through to return them wasn't worth the hassle to me.

Spendy too. Not for me

AlCab

I was pretty lucky- they had a warehouse in Australia, and i ride past it on the way to work. So i just dropped it off and they refunded the paypal payment i made.

I ended up getting the ermaz pan and love it! more noticeble than their version.

I got some rad guards from a UK company.. i think it is GB Moto:

gbmoto carbon yamaha fz1 fz8 radiator rad cover | eBay

they look pretty good on the bike!

Can we see pics of both the rad guard and the belly pan on your bike?

B

bren

Can we see pics of both the rad guard and the belly pan on your bike?

Yeah no probs mate. I am fitting the smoked tail light with integrated LED indicators on the weekend. Will clean her up and take some pics once done.

I have also carbon wrapped part of the rear fairing- that little triangular part of it behind the pillion seat that has that small yammy logo on it. i removed the logo a little while back and there was a smooth circle left where it was- didnt like it lol.

I did it in black "carbon" vinyl wrap.. but also have gold "carbon" vinyl wrap.. havent tried the gold on her yet but im stoked with the way the black looks so may just stay with it!