JSP

Administrator
Dual compound sport touring tires.

Pilot Road
Shinko 009
Angel ST
Conti Road Attack

Etc...

I am a fan of Pilot Road 2's. Great tires. Just threw a Shinko 009 Raven on the Bandit and so far I really love this tire. Great traction and great reviews/tread life. Cheap too! Best tire for the price IMO.

Marthy

Big fan on Continental Conti-Motion here. Not a track tire but way sufficient for normal riding with occasional twisties. Dirt cheap also...

Wolf_Hook

Don't get Q2's, they lasted <4k miles granted they stick like chewed gum. With tires you can only pick two: Cheap, Grip, Tread life.

Bajaedition

commuter tires definitely are not sports tires
you will be looking for more thread and a harder compound

Bridgestone Exedras look good, wear well and still have the SS profile

e11charlie

Pilot roads are nice. Getting harder to find though. Ran those not sure but I think I got over 7grand for mileage.

Tango59

When it's time for tires on the FZ8, I'll put PR IIs on it. Had um on the Bandit and got almost 10k miles out of um. I've run Conti-Motions too... Not bad for the price. How many miles did y'all get out of the Battlax tires on the FZ8 ???

Tango59

My Bad... I had Pilot Road II on the Bandit. Glad to hear the Battlax last longer than the Dunlops (4000 miles).

Fazerboy66

I have Battleaxes BT032's the orignal tyre and still plenty on tread at 9.5k miles, will need replacing in the next 6-9 months.

I have 29,000 miles on my FZ8. I have brought it new and went through a handful of tires. I have rode with Metzeler M3 and M5 front and rear sets. Bridgestone BT-023, BT-021, S20, and stock BT-016. My favorite by far are the M5. I got about 4500 miles out of my M5. Rear got to bad. I like having same tires front and rear. But in regards to lasting the longest I would have to say the stock Bridgestone BT-016. I have gotten over 9500 Miles out of the rear before the chicken strip got to bad and annoying on turns.

hope this helps

Skiman

I've got about 12K on a set of Michelin PR 4's and still looking pretty good.
Will change them out at the end of the year.

i've got a little over 7000miles on the stock rubber and the rear is definitely getting a flat spot at this point. Probably from going on good distance rides with the lady on the back.
After a recent encounter with some gravel i'll be in the market for new rubber soon. Stock tires just make me want to stay upright and not even try to lean the bike.