be asking alot of questions

yzf600r

First of all thanks for all the help i have been given so far ! Very friendly bunch of riders in here. i started out on a friends souped up 175 Yamaha 2 stroke enduro bike and while learning to pop wheelies in a parking lot off the Blue Ridge Parkway managed to flip the bike off the side of the mountain, go flying thru the air and also almost split my head open on a rock. First and last time riding without a helmet or proper gear. Later i bought a 78 XS650 from the same friend that i rode for several year before i sold it. i got my YXF600R brand new in 2007 and other than a spill turning up a steep driveway of deep gravels 90 degrees its been pretty fun and uneventful. The bike is plenty quick for me and is faithful to kick in the rev limiter at 13,750 and pulls strong. i like to hit a special stretch of back roads in 2nd and wrack the throttle at 50mph and run it up close to the redline and then do it again. i am just looking for more comfort, happy with the speed, handling of what i have now but whose to argue with more torque. Gotta love that. thanks always for sharing your learned opinions.

yzf600r

thats why i am here, mostly just making sure it the best bike to leave the YZF for. My dealer is a straight guy and i think i can be OTD for a little over $7100 and i am just looking to add a few things i think i would personally like and see if that is possible. From some of what i read i think i had the edge now by having 4 carbs because they are flawlessly smooth and never been adjusted, thing is stock right down to the Yamalube in the crankcase. Looks like FZ8 has alot to offer in riding position and if its got alot more power thats gonna be a punchy son of a gun. My sweel spot is when i get to about 6 grand it really comes alive all the way to the rev limiter, but i am sure your already rocketing by 6 grand. sounds like fun

b-eock

I like to think of the FZ8 as a more torque oriented 600. I may be wrong. I've ridden both the R6 and FZ8. FZ8 was stock gearing. And now the R6 is for stunting so I'm 15 60. Never had stock gearing on it.

I absolutely love the FZ8. So much that I am going to get another one if I ever stop putting money into my R6 long enough. I had the FZ8, wrecked, totaled. But I love the bike. I honestly think you'll enjoy it just as much or more.

Handling is great. Looks are great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NoNine4me

The FZ8 is just the perfect upgrade from your YZF. I have a bunch of racetrack time on a race-prepped YZF600R and I know that bike well.

The FZ8 steps up the power and you will love the handling. A perfect progression. You will NOT be disappointed.