Bazzaz zfi tc vs ecu reflash

NORE

I want your input ( help!!!).
If i install the Bazzaz zfi tc full system do i still need a ecu reflash. Would it make my bike run better or it would make no difference.
Im planing to visit guhls on friday. But i want your opinion first.

HeresMyMind

what most tuners have told me, is that a flash does 95% of what you want out of your bike. the fuel controller like bazaz or pcv will squeeze that last 5% to make things 100% perfect.

the biggest thing with the flash is unlocking the restrictions and tuning drivability. get ghul's flash first, then get it dynod. if the AFR can use a tiny bit of correction from their graph then you can either have a pcv or bazaz tune that part, or you can pay ghuls for a full dyno tune specific for your exact bike/setup.

-B

side note, no bazzaz = no traction control

spudrees

what most tuners have told me, is that a flash does 95% of what you want out of your bike. the fuel controller like bazaz or pcv will squeeze that last 5% to make things 100% perfect.

the biggest thing with the flash is unlocking the restrictions and tuning drivability. get ghul's flash first, then get it dynod. if the AFR can use a tiny bit of correction from their graph then you can either have a pcv or bazaz tune that part, or you can pay ghuls for a full dyno tune specific for your exact bike/setup.

-B

side note, no bazzaz = no traction control

Correct. We flash the ecu then jump on the dyno and run the bike to see what the A/F is doing etc
and adjust the map accordingly. When were happy we flash the map to the ecu.... Job done. Customer gets a mental bike and we're happy because the customer is happy [emoji106]

NORE

Ok. Here is and update.
Thank you to the guys that answer my cry for help. Much appreciated.
I went ahead and installed the bazzaz zfi tc, then while the tank, seat and other pieces were off the bike. I decided to remove the ecu, drive down to PA to Ghuls and have it reflashed.
My FZ8 is a new animal, it grew some cojones. It feels angry and responsive but at the same time silky smooth.
Im really happy with the changes.
By the way the quickshifter is great ,no rolling back the throtle, the bike just accelelrates quickly in a linear progressive way.

AnthonyLacy501

I want my ecu flashed but live in Denver Colorado and I ride high altitude but I also travel across the country to upstate NY.
Where do I go to get the best ecu flash for my buck?
The bike is being rebuilt by me at the moment so I have the time to send the ecu in.
I'm doing the LARS air box mod with Black Path block off plates and drilling out my catalytic converter also.
Along with a 2009ish R1 complete front end(wheel,brakes,bars & forks) and a new but unsure what kind of headlight assembly to go with.

NORE

Ok, Friend.
I chose guhls because the proximity to me, driving distance and i did not wanna mail my ecu. But no regrets about my choosing. The bike feels great he could also flash a map into it that matches your current upgrades. Now i dont really know about the other guys but i think it cant get better than that unless i dyno my bike which im planning to do soon. But i dont think is really necessary in my case.
[email protected]
That is the sales email and the website GuhlMotors. Com
Good luck with ur build it sounds amazing