Bars n mirrors

H

Hoover

Fitted these Renthall Streetfighter bars and CRG mirrors today. I love the clean look.
Fairly simple install, there is some Dremmelling involved though as the stock bars have locating holes for the throttle, and switch gear.

D

Deleted member 438

Hoover, It looks awesome. How much did you pay for the mirrors?

H

Hoover

Hoover, It looks awesome. How much did you pay for the mirrors?

Too much ;) They were about 60 bucks a side and 20 for the adaptors. I know there are much cheaper knock-offs out there, but my buddy has a set and I just loved the quality and the fact that they are 100% vibration free at any speed and rev range. Top quality comes at a price.

D

Deleted member 438

Too much ;) They were about 60 bucks a side and 20 for the adaptors. I know there are much cheaper knock-offs out there, but my buddy has a set and I just loved the quality and the fact that they are 100% vibration free at any speed and rev range. Top quality comes at a price.

I picked up some knock offs for $25 to see how I like bar end mirrors. If it's something I like I'll have to pick up the CRGs.

ShortstackRN

Looks Great Hoover,
Looking at changing my bar to match the forks as well. With the Streetfighter bar was there any need to change any of your cable lengths? Do you feel like the Streetfighter bar changed your body position at all??? I was having difficulty finding the stock bend specs to compare them to the low medium and high bends... any input before i start would help.
I have very similar mirrors, by Power Stands Racing, in gold that match great. No vibration at all, I agree quality costs $$$! Your bike looks great!

H

Hoover

Looks Great Hoover,
Looking at changing my bar to match the forks as well. With the Streetfighter bar was there any need to change any of your cable lengths? Do you feel like the Streetfighter bar changed your body position at all??? I was having difficulty finding the stock bend specs to compare them to the low medium and high bends... any input before i start would help.
I have very similar mirrors, by Power Stands Racing, in gold that match great. No vibration at all, I agree quality costs $$$! Your bike looks great!

The bars are a little over 2" wider and I find them a lot more relaxing both on long freeway rides and on the twisties. The extra leverage makes it a bit easier to keep a steady line in the bends and on the freeway, it seems to creat a bit better of a wind escape under my arms.
With regards to fitting, The brake master only just fits with the current lines. I am going with SS lines soon so I'm not too worried about it. They are filled with some kind of vibration damper in the middle and that combined with ProGrip gel grips has got rid of almost all the vibration.
They were a bit of a fiddle to fit but not too bad.

ShortstackRN

Dremel work?

Hoover, you mentioned having to Dremel a bit due to the factory post/nipples built into the clutch and brake perches. Did you Use the Dremel to remove the nipples or put holes in the new bar to accommodate them?

H

Hoover

I Dremmeled off the locaters. Way too much of a pita to dry assemble, figure out exactly where the holes need to be drilled then reassemble just to find I'd screwed up.
Like I said, the way these bars are, there is only one place the brake master fits without switching out brake lines.
I tightened evrything down snug, did a final adjustment then sinched it all tight. No probs at all. Just make sure you follow Renthals instructions with regard to the bar clamps

mckshred

I Dremmeled off the locaters. Way too much of a pita to dry assemble, figure out exactly where the holes need to be drilled then reassemble just to find I'd screwed up.
Like I said, the way these bars are, there is only one place the brake master fits without switching out brake lines.
I tightened evrything down snug, did a final adjustment then sinched it all tight. No probs at all. Just make sure you follow Renthals instructions with regard to the bar clamps

I started to do the handlebar swap to the renthals and found my bar end mirrors wont work with them. The inside diameter is too small for the adapter. Where did you get your bar end mirrors? So how much of an improvement in dampening the vibration did you honestly gain?

Black Widow

Avid Rider
What bar ends did you get? I found that keeping the stock bar end wieghts on outside the bar end mirrors kept the vibration to a minimum, not that i have an issue with vibration on my 8. I have the stock bars so Hoover will have the answer for vibration dampening with the aftermarket bars for you soon i'm sure.

H

Hoover

I started to do the handlebar swap to the renthals and found my bar end mirrors wont work with them. The inside diameter is too small for the adapter. Where did you get your bar end mirrors? So how much of an improvement in dampening the vibration did you honestly gain?

I have the CRG bar end mirrors. Expensive but imho, well worth it. I have zero vibes at any rpms. You have to purchase crg;s adaptor also. I found no need to fir weights.