Bar risers ?

lothodon

Super Moderator
i am not aware that anyone here has done risers but a few have changed bars. if you go higher you will a longer line from the brake master cylinder to the fork junction. if you go a LOT higher you will need throttle cables as well, perhaps even a clutch cable and extended wiring.

H

Hoover

When I switched my bars out, I only just had enough brake line to make it fit. I went to aftermarket lines the next week.

Bighitmatt

I have replaced My bars and added a riser. The riser is more and adapter to run 1-1/8" bars. By going up to the "fat bars" you have many more options for riser bars.
Universal Solid Mounts | ProTaper

I have installed the Protaper Contour Bars in the "Carmichael" bend. These allowed for an almost stock feeling, with just a wider grip and a little more leaned back. I didn't have to replace cables.
Contour | ProTaper
I picked up both items from my local Cyclegear for around $100. I installed myself in about an hour. Keep in mind you will probably need to install new grips as well (about $15).

I will try and get some pics this afternoon.

hypo

I bought risers from TWISTED THROTTLE. good stuff and an excellent company... HOWEVER, if you go to 1.5 inches, you REALLY stretch out the brake lines. be careful about how high you go.

$60

Handlebar risers (BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, Gas-Gas, Honda, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha), rise height of 20mm, 25mm, 30mm or 50mm - by SW-MOTECH - LEH.00.039150 : TwistedThrottle.com

Black Widow

Avid Rider

hypo

I went with inch and a half (because I yanked on the brake lines to see how much slack I was going to get...)

eventually though, I wanted to get new brake lines. I had no issues with the inch and a half.