Axio R1 Tail Bag on FZ8?

AlCab

Has anyone tried fitting an Axio tail bag that is made for the R1 on an FZ8? I picked one up from a guy who used it on his FZ1 so I am hoping it fits. Bought it from out of state so did not have a chance to try it before buying it. Got a good deal though so shouldn't have any trouble unloading it if it doesn't fit.

Here's a pic of the one I bought. Should match up well with my Gloss Black 2011.

Glovik

If I was ever in a situation where I had to get some cargo space, thats what I'd get. Looks awesome. Looking forward to some pics, fingers crossed its a flawless fit!

AlCab

Yeah, I've been looking for a small tail bag and I think this one is the best looking by far. Unfortunately, I won't get my hands on it until I go to the Denver area for Xmas so it will be awhile before I post up pics. With the rainy weather settling in up here, I am in no hurry to get it.

W

WARPTH

Yeah, I've been looking for a small tail bag and I think this one is the best looking by far. Unfortunately, I won't get my hands on it until I go to the Denver area for Xmas so it will be awhile before I post up pics. With the rainy weather settling in up here, I am in no hurry to get it.

you got us all excited for nothing!:(

AlCab

you got us all excited for nothing!:(

warpth, I didn't want to disappoint ya so I went ahead and had it shipped. Here it is on my 8. Fits pretty good. I like it. Just the little bit of storage I need for odds and ends.

RnR

That looks mighty fine. :tup:

Did you try using the loops that come on the passenger seat?

AlCab

That looks mighty fine. :tup:

Did you try using the loops that come on the passenger seat?

Thanks. Yeah, I looked at going that route initially but didn’t really see a good way to make it work especially since the built in straps are so long. I was in a hurry to get it on last night though so I just went with the external attachment points. I will look into it more this weekend. Will definitely be a much cleaner look if I can make that work.

I just looked at some pics on the FZ1 forum which is where I bought it from and see that they were able to mount it to the rear seat with no straps showing so I will definitely look into that more.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Just a suggestion: Cut the velcro straps shorter, run them to each other under the seat and the rear strap under seat one of the hooks under the seat, this would save your paint and look nice and tidy. Awesome tail pack for the Black 8, good job.

AlCab

Just a suggestion: Cut the velcro straps shorter, run them to each other under the seat and the rear strap under seat one of the hooks under the seat, this would save your paint and look nice and tidy. Awesome tail pack for the Black 8, good job.

I'll definitely look into that but want to avoid cutting anything in case I want to sell it at some point down the road. I think I can make something work though.

AlCab

Hey guys. I'd like to get a second passenger seat so I can permanently attach this tail bag to it. I could then just swap back and forth as needed. I don't really like having to sling my leg over the thing every time. Good practice for my roundhouse kick I guess :)

Anyway, if you've got one you're looking to get rid of, please let me know.

Thanks.