Auxillary Front Turn Signals

I have been thinking of installing some LED turn signals on the front of the 8 in a more noticeable location. I have been noticing that the headlight has been overpowering the signals in the stock location and other drivers cant make out my signals. I don't like the look of big bulky lights in the front, so i was wondering if anyone has hooked up some LED strips somewhere else. Maybe on the front fender or radiator. Just looking for some ideas.

npeifer2308

That does look nice except how he ran the wires. Hopefully that was just a moc up because those wires hanging there like that would not be smart. Anyways, that honestly wouldn't be that hard at all if you have a slight knowledge of electrical know how. You would just need to find lights that could mount to the radiator, take off your stock signals, run the lights up to the stock signal wires, and that should be it. You will also need a resistor if the lights do not have one pre installed.

Yeah I wonder how the lights will hold up the the heat, moisture, etc I plan on checking out what the retrofit source has available for LED strips that look decent enough to leave exposed on the rad cover. Thanks for the reply!

TorontoAlex

I have been thinking of installing some LED turn signals on the front of the 8 in a more noticeable location. I have been noticing that the headlight has been overpowering the signals in the stock location and other drivers cant make out my signals. I don't like the look of big bulky lights in the front, so i was wondering if anyone has hooked up some LED strips somewhere else. Maybe on the front fender or radiator. Just looking for some ideas.

Integrated signals in the mirrors front and back would be pretty slick but i doubt its easy.

Integrated signals in the mirrors front and back would be pretty slick but i doubt its easy.

I agree. I thought about doing that last year but I ended up going with renthal bars an a rizoma spy bar end mirror and I like the look too much. My dilemma is I could easily use LED strips but to me they would look bad/cheap. I want to try to find a way it can almost be hidden or factory looking when the lights are off.

uploadfromtaptalk1443299154756.jpg

This is my bike as it sits now with flushmount front turn signals but no headlight on.