At Which Temperature Do Your Fans Kick On

crspangenberg

Good afternoon, at which temperature do your fans kick on? My fans kick on around 215 but it seems my bike heats up pretty quickly, it was around 40degrees farenheit last week and my fans came on even though I was not racing the engine or anything. Have any of you encountered this?

I also got an exhaust for Christmas and noticed that the bike seems to run a little cooler even though I was riding two people on a warm day. (The fans didnt come on) and the bike never got over 200.

hypo

my fans kick on over 200... 205 maybe? not sure. but with so many days over 100 down here, it all just runs together. :) I'll check again in the spring.

specops13

On at 212, off around 200. Your exhaust likely is making the bike run a little richer which will cause the engine to run slightly cooler.

mckshred

It turned on yesterday for the first time ever. I thought my bike was birthing a dust devil vacuum at the time. It was about 213 when it clicked on. only about 65 degrees out, I had just climbed south mountain and was idling for 3-4 minutes when it started. I suspect its going to run for months straight once the furnace (in the sky) kicks on.