ASV shorty levers

atxthefons

Im looking to get levers that are not as stiff as the stock levers. what i mean by that is some softer levers, less work for my left hand to pull. I live in the city and i'm mostly riding around town so my hand get fatigued. ive felt some ASV shortys on a bike today and the felt good. would anyone recommend these for what i'm looking for? other recommendations are welcomed. Thanks.

Umyaya

Im looking to get levers that are not as stiff as the stock levers. what i mean by that is some softer levers, less work for my left hand to pull. I live in the city and i'm mostly riding around town so my hand get fatigued. ive felt some ASV shortys on a bike today and the felt good. would anyone recommend these for what i'm looking for? other recommendations are welcomed. Thanks.

I only run ASV shorty levers on my bikes. 2 fingers is all you need to. Get them!

Woody146

Banned
I don't think you notice a difference in actual lever pull..you are pulling the cables...aftermarket levers are nice because they have all the adjustments..usually 1-6 positions but I believe asv has waaaay more than that. So the lever is actually closer to the bar..but resistance should be the same

With expensive levers..you are mostly paying for the name and the anodizing..I have pazzo (expensive) buddies have ride it (ebay special) and they look damn near identical..

Same with rearsets..I have sato, and buddy has nonobuka..almost identical...I cannot speak for construction or metallurgy...but finished product is damn near identical...but that is the point..right?

tzortn

Pillion
If you are looking to reduce hand fatigue a shorter lever is not the way to do it. The shorter lever produces less torque. Torque = force x distance to the pivot. So if your lever is half the size you need to apply twice the force to get the same torque.

I installed shorty levers on my bike and found that I was feeling more fatigue in my hand when I was in traffic. Luckily I mostly ride in rural areas so it is not a problem for me.