Are there any affordable, simple-to-install bar end mirrors?

evan1

Each time I investigate bar end mirrors, I get put off by WTF pricing (either $10 from China or $300 from Italy), or by overly complicated installation.

Are there any good mirrors that I can get for around $100 and put them on inside of 5 minutes?

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
My $10 Ebay China's are still holding strong and it's been 8k miles over a year and I drag-race my girl so I wouldn't necessarily shy away from them. I don't hit it big like some of the boys as all I've got is a bunch of long straight-aways and with work I don't get to ride near as much as I'd like but I'm happy with mine.

evan1

My $10 Ebay China's are still holding strong and it's been 8k miles over a year and I drag-race my girl so I wouldn't necessarily shy away from them. I don't hit it big like some of the boys as all I've got is a bunch of long straight-aways and with work I don't get to ride near as much as I'd like but I'm happy with mine.

Were they easy to install? And has the finish held up? (I've heard that the finish comes off those Chinese mirrors pretty quick.)

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Hardest part was breaking loose the whole bottle of loctite they used on each bar-weight. My finish has held up pretty well and so has my father's albeit he has the "Carbon Fiber" look ones and the color has faded a touch they're still in pretty good shape.

lyric911

Were they easy to install? And has the finish held up? (I've heard that the finish comes off those Chinese mirrors pretty quick.)

The finish on my shitty $10 eBay ones was, well, shit. The black flaked off quickly. CRGs are about $100 per mirror. I like mine a lot better than the cheapies I had at first.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I got crg lane splitters, but I didn't use the internal adapters so I had to move all my controls in about an inch......

80 bucks a mirror, about 1.5 hours...... No biggy.

JSP

Administrator
I had the cheapo ebay ones and they lasted through 2 bikes and a bicycle :D. Ended up selling with the 8. Worked awesome. Never had a problem with them.