Are seats interchangeable between 2012 and 2013 models?

macross

Good day, new user's first ask can sometimes be stupid but I am looking for your help to confirm.

I bought a 2012 Fazer 8 but the seller cut part of the rider seat so there is no way to bolt it. I read some previous discussions regarding different seats and checked parts list online seems no installation issue between 2012 and 2013 rider seat but just want to be sure so I e-mail Yamaha Canada then I received a feedback...

" comment: Hello, I like to know if the rider seat on FZ8 Fazer is interchangeable between 2012 and 2013 model? Thanks,

I am afraid they are not interchangeable.

Regards,
Remi

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA LTD.
480 Gordon Baker Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2H3B4

T 416-498-1911

www.yamaha-motor.ca"

Some earlier discussions here mentioned only the texture is different. Well, price here is different too. If anyone can clarify my question will be really appreciated. Also, if you just have one in storage to sell please pm me.

Thanks!!

HeresMyMind

I bought a shad seat for my 2013.... it said it fits 2010-2013. and everything matched up.2013 had a different grippy material, but mounts were the same.

-B

Umyaya

Interesting thing I found.... if I'm in my suit I can ride on the shad across the country but in jeans my ass kills after a short distance... odd.