anyone install the Givi 3D600 bags yet?

desertdude

Im about to break out my wallet and buy these bags for my upcoming trip. Going to spend 5 days riding from Phoenix AZ to Wesport WA, 5 days there, and 5 days back, Traveling as much of the coastline as possible on the way up there, and coming back thru Lake Tahoe and thru Yosemite.

My question is, who has installed these on their FZ8? I already have the R&G tail tidy on my bike and from every picture I have found of them installed, they all have the stock license plate and turn signals. Im wondering if the bags or mount will interfere with my turn signals, which are stock.

And my other question is did you have to cut any of the plastic to fit the TE366 mount? I just wish I could find some pictures of this combination. Im also having a hard time finding any vendor that has them in stock and isnt backordered, if anyone can help with that.

Ill post up pictures when I finally get it all together.

Im also looking at the Bags Connection Engage tank bag, just havent found a FZ8 with it installed. Anyone?

malikona

I've got these bags. They're awesome. But, I have the stock rear fender. The bags are obviously designed for the stock setup, and I couldn't say if they would work with a tail tidy or not but I'm guessing not.

If the bracket you asked about is the one for use without the trunk bag, that's the one I have, and you do have to notch the plastic under the seat to make it fit (per instructions). It was easy tho.

TheDogsWeed

I also have these bags. Compact, stable, and rigid bags. A little on the small side; I actually got the Givi T477 tailbag for extra room.

You have to cut out slots for the rack to mount to the tail frame. Be sure to have the proper tools (e.g. not scissors like me).

I have the stock fender, so no help there. There doesn't appear to be much room, if any, between the lights and bags width wise. Moving them up will probably compromise them.

Rear view and other views, here

End of semester/moving states. Handling sucked.

Last edited:

desertdude

well I ordered the bags from motostorm, so I guess i'll see how it goes. Thanks for the pics guys. TheDogsWeed- what happened to your tank and pipe in the pictures? I have the stock can if you want to perty it up a little. Its in perfect condition.

TheDogsWeed

well I ordered the bags from motostorm, so I guess i'll see how it goes. Thanks for the pics guys. TheDogsWeed- what happened to your tank and pipe in the pictures? I have the stock can if you want to perty it up a little. Its in perfect condition.

I hit a Golden Retriever at ~30 mph. Didn't phase the dog, little bastard was back two days later chasing cars.

Thanks for the offer, but I think the scratches add character to my bike. LoL.

pigdog

two wheeled suv. reminds me of seeing a whole family & some chicken coups on a honda 50.

Last edited:

TheDogsWeed

two wheeled suv. reminds me of seeing a whole family & some chicken coups on a honda 50.

LMAO. I did feel ridiculous running down the interstate, but there has to be something said, that I was able to carry 80% of my worldly belongings on a motorcycle?