any exhaust gurus lease shed some light on my bike

xpicer

Ok so I recently got the bike, stock everything. I have fallen in love with a m4 gp stubby exhaust . How ever the company does not make the exhaust for our bike. I was wondering if anyone has knoledge of another bike that may use a similar exhaust that I could use, I have also looked into the posibility of using an fz1 exhaust how ever no one has validated the fitmet. Please if anyone has the resources or experience shed some light on here. Btw I have loked at the gsxr6 exhausts and they have similar bends. Thanks for all the help.

Woody146

Banned
Ok so I recently got the bike, stock everything. I have fallen in love with a m4 gp stubby exhaust . How ever the company does not make the exhaust for our bike. I was wondering if anyone has knoledge of another bike that may use a similar exhaust that I could use, I have also looked into the posibility of using an fz1 exhaust how ever no one has validated the fitmet. Please if anyone has the resources or experience shed some light on here. Btw I have loked at the gsxr6 exhausts and they have similar bends. Thanks for all the help.

You don't really have any options when it come to a shorty unless you custom fab it..have seen a two bros shorty fabbed to fit our bikes by Marthy..I know a lot is involved like gutting cat and cutting out mid pipe then the need for re tuning with a power commander or reflash...Or..many companies make compatible exhaust ( not low mount unfortunately) slip ons which go in place of stock but look a lot better...there are companies like coffmans which have small cans but I've heard you lose power...I have always wanted lowmount exhaust as well ( would love a shorty too..but no one makes it and I don't have fab skills) so there are two options...the custom route...or..buy the graves full exhaust system or the akropovich full exhaust system(not sure if the second one is actually a low mount..graves is for sure)....but you are looking at around a g...I know Marthy does the custom work for hire..prices are comparable

frogger

for the M4 u have to grab it from another bike. its only the mid pipe that is different im sure and u weld it onto a new mid pipe for the 8. I wouldn't buy brand new as its like $500 for just the reverse cone muffler and u still need to fab the pipe and in the end its not 100% designed for the fz8. I got my pipe for $100 and a mate welded it on "poorly". ive found that on aus roads I don't need an exhaust hanger. the mid pipe join holds it on fine so that made it easier. when I get a new mid pipe made im guessing another $150.

im heading out for a ride now and ill get some video out on the country road of the bike at wot and cruising.

xpicer

i actually do have a welder, and some knowledge. But i was wondering if there is another bike that may use a similar or the same exhaust as ours.

frogger

the m4 gp pipe I designed to work mostly with bikes like gsxr that have the main muffler underthe bike. I did the same on my 2011 bike and just cut the part of the stock pipe that joins and welded them together so the pipe fit like stock. on the 2013 the pipe was different so we just cut the very end section of the stock pipe off and welded it on. the fz1 has a slightly different exhaust with a servo valve in it I think.

xpicer

the m4 gp pipe I designed to work mostly with bikes like gsxr that have the main muffler underthe bike. I did the same on my 2011 bike and just cut the part of the stock pipe that joins and welded them together so the pipe fit like stock. on the 2013 the pipe was different so we just cut the very end section of the stock pipe off and welded it on. the fz1 has a slightly different exhaust with a servo valve in it I think.

pictures please?? sorry to be a pain

frogger

pictures please?? sorry to be a pain

what did u want pictures of sorry ? the actual welds or the pipe on the bike. if you look in the ride pictures section a few posts down my bike is in there. as for welds I can take some pictures when I get a chance.

what year is your bike.

xpicer

what did u want pictures of sorry ? the actual welds or the pipe on the bike. if you look in the ride pictures section a few posts down my bike is in there. as for welds I can take some pictures when I get a chance.

what year is your bike.
The way it mounts and bends