Another Danmoto Jisu post but help me out...

ryujiwithanr

First post...Sorry another Danmoto Jisu post but please help me out...

I'm not looking for pros and cons because it has been plenty covered before, but I was wondering if anyone can post a video with better sound quality of what the DM Jisu sounds like on their FZ8. In the only video I can find, the guy has the camera right next to the pipe and its useless for sound. I'm just kind of on the fence between a few "cheaper" option exhausts to hold me over because I am not the biggest fan of the stock pipe, and I'd really like to hear what it sounds like before I get it. There are videos for all of the other ones I'm looking at but I'm about 75% sure I want the Jisu...for now at least...

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
yeah the stock pipe is terrible.

My personal favorites are the TBR exhaust and the Yoshimuras. Definitely more expensive but worth every penny for the internal pleasure of seeing a beautiful exhaust. Something I don't think I can get from the danmoto. :(

Kardiac996

If i remember correctly it sounded toe to toe with the Dan moto Carbon GP. Deeper but loud throaty sound.

If you like the sound of the carbon IMO they sounded almost the exact same in person.

Others may agree or disagree but to me i couldnt tell ya the difference.

Just my .02 I went with the carbon gp over the jisu because the jisu has a tendancy to change colors from black to a goldish hue because of the quality paint used. I didnt like that thought.

maybe a owner with a jisu could weigh in better.

Good luck!!

GarryM

Mine went from black to a weird gold colour so I pulled it all to pieces and repainted the canister. When I put it back together I added more packing and to my ears it sounds even better than before. Since it's been repainted it's stayed black too.

I still think for the money it's pretty hard to go past.

Sorry, cant help with any sound bites though.

9 Lives

I'm with MikeC, had the GP carbon but it was too loud for me even with the baffle so I bought the Yoshi R77D and the difference between the fit and finish between the two is night and day, the DM was nice enough but not even in the same ball park as the Yoshi and I enjoy the sound much more, just the right volume and pitch for me. The jisu has a lot more packing that the GP carbon so that should dampen the noise a bit more, can't say for sure though as I have never heard one. There are plenty of guys that are very happy with the DM and it is at a very good price.