Another Canuck saying hi

Emohawk

Hi all. New member here. Picked up my new 2011 black Fazer 2 weeks ago.

I haven't had much riding time yet due to illness, weather & work. I did get a couple of runs in the first couple of days. Love the bike so far. This is the most day-to-day rider friendly power train I've come across. Just smooth & capable in all situations it seems. Great job Yamaha.

I went with the Fazer over the naked version because I do a lot of highway riding & wanted the extra wind protection, and I prefer the look. I had been looking at a blue one last summer but when I saw the black it was pretty much a done deal. I bought it the same day (over lunch).

This is replacing my '07 Ninja 650R. The Ninja is a nice bike but it feels nowhere near as refined as the Fazer. The main reason I upgraded was I really missed having a 4-cyl and I wanted a little more roll-on power for long highway runs. The Fazer seems to be the ticket.

I did consider the FZ1 as well, but the FZ8 is more civilized for day-to-day riding. I wasn't looking for a road-burner - if I had it would have been the FZ1 for sure. The Fazer is exactly what I was looking for.

Kirb

Harrywz

Hi all. New member here. Picked up my new 2011 black Fazer 2 weeks ago.

I haven't had much riding time yet due to illness, weather & work. I did get a couple of runs in the first couple of days. Love the bike so far. This is the most day-to-day rider friendly power train I've come across. Just smooth & capable in all situations it seems. Great job Yamaha.

I went with the Fazer over the naked version because I do a lot of highway riding & wanted the extra wind protection, and I prefer the look. I had been looking at a blue one last summer but when I saw the black it was pretty much a done deal. I bought it the same day (over lunch).

This is replacing my '07 Ninja 650R. The Ninja is a nice bike but it feels nowhere near as refined as the Fazer. The main reason I upgraded was I really missed having a 4-cyl and I wanted a little more roll-on power for long highway runs. The Fazer seems to be the ticket.

I did consider the FZ1 as well, but the FZ8 is more civilized for day-to-day riding. I wasn't looking for a road-burner - if I had it would have been the FZ1 for sure. The Fazer is exactly what I was looking for.

Kirb

Good going on your buy and welcome. You do know that ."blue" is faster