alternative of the racestand with spool

Nemo

i pretty much broken one of the hole needed for the spool .. the tap stuck in there , tried to remove it for hours and im just getting it worst.

i want to be able to lift my back wheel for waxing my chain and adjusting it .

any know a brand of stand that dsnt need spool or any trick home made !? i dont know ...

edit : i was wondering how much cost a swingarm ?

Woody146

Banned
Pit bull stands have 2 ways of putting your bikes up on them..spools..or you switch it around and any bike can use it.

Idk about a sing arm..but you should be able to get that tap out...by someone who knows what they are doing

NoNine4me

edit : i was wondering how much cost a swingarm ?
Very expensive. I would guess close to a thousand bucks. If it's just the bolt stuck in the hole, this can be repaired. In fact the other size of spool is the larger 8mm size (FZ8 uses 6mm) so it may be possible to tap the hole for the 8mm size.

But you better get a good mechanic to help you with this.

Larry P

Before I had a stand I used a piece of wood to prop up the wheel just enough so I could rotate/spray/rotate/spray/repeat. Wedge it on the left side in the gap for the axle. Just push the bike up a bit and it will kinda float on it. If you don't feel comfortable with it I wouldn't try it. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars for a replacement stand. I can take a picture of it if you want to see it.

Nemo

well I managed something finaly ... there is 2 big hole in the center axe of the read wheel .. u know in the middle 1 1/4 bolt we need to adjust the chain. Well I am using my racestand made for spool , but I flipped the bracket auround using the shaft instead in those holes. taped them with some electrical tape so its not metal on metal . working ok ...