Alignment

vargon09

Ok so this may be all in my head lol but does anyone else feel like the front wheel is pointed slightly left? It feels like I have to hold the handlebars about an inch (maybe less) to the right to keep it straight. I took it back to the dealer and had someone drive it and they said it felt pretty normal. He said its not going to be 100% dead on perfect. So i'm wondering if its my head playing tricks on me. Maybe the grommet that absorbs vibration for the handlebars moved? Or the way the dash is angled could do it? Or maybe the headlight is a little off center. Who knows, just wanting to see if anyone else noticed/had to get it re-aligned when they bought it.

hypo

if you feel its weird, then its weird. you got a centerstand? got some 2x4's that you can prop the front tire off the ground and give it a spin? measure the distance from tire to fork and spin it?

my bike seemed perfect in every way... until that deer stopped it. then it was definitely my head that was cockeyed right along with my FZ8...

D

DJK1505

Thats the first I have heard anyone think their front end isnt straight. Im sure you might just be looking at it diff. Get the tape out and start doing some measurements. Mine rides straight as an arrow, no issues. Sucks you are not happy with the front end. Hope you get it figured out.

DJ

Crazywb23

Are you out riding on a windy day? I noticed in just a little bit of wind my bike likes me to compensate for the gusts. The crown of the road will change the way the bike is handling as well. Just my thoughts, be safe and happy riding.

H

Hoover

Front-rear alignment on a bike is critical. Due to the design of a bike's frame/ tree/fork/swingarm set up, if it is out, it has to be by some kind of failure.
Either in the build up or a result of damage or manufacturing.

If it is that bad that you can notice it, get it checked.

vargon09

Im not real sure how to correctly measure so ill probably bring it back to the shop and have them look at it.

C

Camo

That's your best bet mate...Surely you're still under warranty and if something is out it'll be covered.
Best of luck.