Akrapovic Shorty

wildhog84

New to the Forum, picking my 2011 FZ8 up on Saturday!

It has what appears to be an Akrapovic Shorty Slip-on though i've started to make myself feel nervous that it's a fake because i can't find any pictures of it and the logo doesn't have the yellow "Akrapovic" writing. Could be wrong because i've also read people tend to remove the stickers and add others etc...

Anyway here is the pic, has anyone seen this exhaust before?

It's a little bit pixelated

charris247

New to the Forum, picking my 2011 FZ8 up on Saturday!

It has what appears to be an Akrapovic Shorty Slip-on though i've started to make myself feel nervous that it's a fake because i can't find any pictures of it and the logo doesn't have the yellow "Akrapovic" writing. Could be wrong because i've also read people tend to remove the stickers and add others etc...

Anyway here is the pic, has anyone seen this exhaust before?

It's a little bit pixelated
I have heard of people shortening those exhausts however I have never heard what one sounds like after being shortened. Looks very interesting though.

[]V[]addog

does the bike also come with the stock ? if its a good deal, I wouldn't let that deter you.
just put the stock one back on till you find something you like. Companies put a lot of money in to R&D... i probably wouldnt mess with an aftermarket exhaust by cutting it up..... but then again I'm a whimp.

wildhog84

never thought that maybe it was cut up. don't think the stock comes with it.

It looks very similar to this but the logo is different not that I should be going by that to tell whether legit or not.

I've test rode it before buying, didn't sound as loud as i would expect. Anyway might change it over at some point but am planning to take out the baffles to see what it sounds like then, maybe when i do this I'll be able to tell if someone cut it down.

Larry P

Looks cut and they just moved the badge because the hanger would have blocked it. It's much louder, but when you hear it you'll know if its actually an akra or not. Personally I love my regular sized akra, I wouldn't dream of cutting her!

wildhog84

Guess i'll soon find out if it is cut. When i rode it it didn't sound as loud as it looked ;-), but I got a good deal to be honest and there aren't many second hand FZ8's in the UK.

wildhog84

Sorry aj700 i should have said. I think it's the standard one but has been cut down. I think the fact the label was sticking correctly because it had been moved. So i removed the label.

Anyway here's a pic, my first stop was a Starbucks ;)