Akira FZ8 Build

Now to get the rectifier on the tray and fitted. This part was actually fun a lot of trail and error. The rectifier will not fit on the stock location on the bottom of the tray due to the shock being there. Luckily enough I had a CA tray with has a bracket (welded) for a top mount as you can see in the pictures. I drilled out the welds of the bracket to be able to use it. I had to cut one side off as well as the harness clip of the tray as you can see. I trimmed the bracket ends off by 1/2 inch and bent them back so I see how it fits and later welded.
7DG_2039.jpg7DG_2040.jpg7DG_2041.jpg7DG_2042.jpg7DG_2043.jpg7DG_2044.jpg7DG_2045.jpg7DG_2046.jpg7DG_2047.jpg7DG_2048.jpg7DG_2049.jpg7DG_2050.jpg7DG_2051.jpg7DG_2052.jpg

Attachments

• 7DG_2053.jpg
    7DG_2053.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 90
Now that it is mounted I can install battery tray and see if the rectifier fits. Which it did not.
7DG_2053.jpg7DG_2054.jpg7DG_2055.jpg7DG_2056.jpg7DG_2057.jpg7DG_2058.jpg7DG_2059.jpg7DG_2060.jpg

This was a easy fit. All I did was bent the mount tabs the opposite way to gain some room and wallah perfect.
7DG_2061.jpg7DG_2062.jpg7DG_2063.jpg7DG_2064.jpg7DG_2065.jpg7DG_2066.jpg7DG_2067.jpg

And that gentlemen and gals is how you mount a 2013 R1 shock on a FZ8.

So it has been awhile since any work got done. I just dropped off the rest of the parts to get powder-coated yesterday and should be done this week. I also found and spoke to the guys in jet tuning in CA. they re-flash ECU's. I was going to go with gluhu but no emails responded to or phone calls returned. I did how ever buy another bike. 2008 Yamaha WR250X with 4000 miles. Super excited and disappointed slightly only to the fact that I have already dropped some of the Akria money into the WRX.

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-general-discussion/5315-bought-another-yamaha.html

HeresMyMind

Send your ECU out to TurboJoe in CA for a flash, I am extremely happy with his, and got it dynod after to confirm how good the AFRs were, it was spot on.

-B

Send your ECU out to TurboJoe in CA for a flash, I am extremely happy with his, and got it dynod after to confirm how good the AFRs were, it was spot on.

-B

I just found his number online. I'll give him a call. Thanks that's about half the price as the other places I have seen.

NORE

Hi, bro.
Love what u doing to the bike.
Quick question.
Could u tell me, what exactly did u do to the shock to fit it in the satan adapter?. Please.

Hi, bro.
Love what u doing to the bike.
Quick question.
Could u tell me, what exactly did u do to the shock to fit it in the satan adapter?. Please.

I had to file down the shock top a bit. I believe the first couple of pictures show that. The shock top has 7 parts I believe. One bearing, two snap rings, two seals and two outer pieces that sit inside the bearing. I had to file down those two pieces and the actually top of the shock to fit into the adapter. It feels solid and I would absolutely trust it, shock still has plenty of meat on top.

Update on bike, havnt touched it in awhile had problems with some of the powdercoating and needed to get redone. Waiting on those to get back.

Hope this build hasn't stalled out. Looking forward to seeing more pics as well.

It actually just recently picked up speed. Waiting on my ECU to come back in and about 8 care packages from Yamaha. This coming month it should be started for the first time in about 4 years.

IMG_0674.jpg

front is more of less done. Metzler M7 tire mounted and internally balanced. Roadloc mounted and works great. now just need a fender and SS lines and it 100%.

IMG_0717.jpg

graves full exhaust waiting of some radiator hoses to come in so it can be tightened up all the way. Just received a evotech rad guard and I do have to say it looks badass. I'll try to get more pictures.

Hi, hows your project?
Can't wait for the final outcome

It's going slowly sadly. Been really busy and crap. Plus my WR250X was stolen. Waiting on a few more parts at powdercoating.

I'll get some more pictures on Tuesday most likely. Maybe a month or two left with it.

Last edited:
Here is how she sits tonight. The cage is on for good along with a few other bits. The wiring was supposed to be done but the gear indicator is flashing. And still having issues with the hydraulic clutch. Most likely just going to go with a brembo clutch master.the magura works but don't like where the sweet spot is.

IMG_1671.jpg

Wiring is completely done. Including blacknout switch and gear indicator. Also have a Japanese FZ1n headlight switch with a flash to pass and hazards.