AIS Block off plates

Sinooch

Hey im just got my ecu flashed and i did the air box mod and got the k&n filter. Im just curious about the AIS block off. Is it purely for sound to remove the popping or does it actually help the bike in any way?

Blackfin

Hey im just got my ecu flashed and i did the air box mod and got the k&n filter. Im just curious about the AIS block off. Is it purely for sound to remove the popping or does it actually help the bike in any way?

If you've got an Autotune setup it helps because it keeps excess oxygen from entering the exhaust stream and biasing the O2 sensor "lean."

Otherwise it's just to remove the popping.

spudrees

How come you didn't turn the AIS off when you had the flash done...?
We always turn it off when we flash because the customer usually asks!

Keach

My ecu flash by flash tune electronically disabled the AIS. Regardless if I blocked the AIS (I had the hose plugged and later unplugged it after flash) I no longer have decel pops.

My opinion is if you don't have an auto tune set up (as stated above), don't waste your money on block off plates for something that isn't functioning anymore anyway. That's just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinooch

I was purely asking out of curiosity. I just had my ecu flashed by turbo joe and got it back. I also have marty's midship header so i no longer have a cat or O2 sensor anyway. and frankly i dont mind the decel pops. It doesnt bother me in the slightest bit even though i know a lot of guys on here dislike it. I wanted to know if it actually did anything related to power if it was on or off after the ecu was flashed.

OdinSon

If you're looking to just stop the popping noise you can plug the little whole in your airbox. Worked perfectly for me and is very easy to undo if need be.