after that fz1 ride

razz

went for a blast on the fz8 last night , now following the fz1 fazer ride , i now prefer the fz1 riding position , the handling was better , the motor was better and the lack of wind was brilliant , so as i can not afford a fz1 fazer , i`ll have to find some fz1 internals or buy a fork kit , get a rear shock . i much prefer the naked look tho , so have spotted some good reports on the givi screens , my local shop has an fz1n sitting there ,brand new in all black , but i love my blue n gold , now then , where has the wife put the credit card :)

went for a blast on the fz8 last night , now following the fz1 fazer ride , i now prefer the fz1 riding position , the handling was better , the motor was better and the lack of wind was brilliant , so as i can not afford a fz1 fazer , i`ll have to find some fz1 internals or buy a fork kit , get a rear shock . i much prefer the naked look tho , so have spotted some good reports on the givi screens , my local shop has an fz1n sitting there ,brand new in all black , but i love my blue n gold , now then , where has the wife put the credit card :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you spend significantly less buying an FZ1 and replacing the front fairing with a streetfight headlight kit? Puig screen is horrible, it actually makes riding less comfortable.

Bajaedition

What makes the handling better on the fz1?
welllll
it has better forks,with adjustable dampening and preload, oh better than the 2011 and 2012s, and the rear shock has a stiffer spring and adjustments, humm seems the 2013 f8 has those too.
plus the power is more,see it has over 200 extra ccs

all stuff you would expect from a bike that is an upgrade of the FZ8 and cost 1900 clams more than the FZ8

TorontoAlex

What I meant to say was, how is the handling better than the fz8? I've never ridden too many bikes but some times I wonder how people can feel that much of a difference from one sport bike to another (ie. magazine writters).

razz

well with the fz1 adjustable suspension , the shop had nearly got it spot on from the off , went for a ride along one of my favorite routes , there was none of this bong bong bong around corners when the surface wasn`t the best , today we have a day off in the uk , did a 140mile blast and i can now say for certain , i must get a rear shock , had a ton of fun though , which is what its all about , i know i ain`t got the fz1 top end but with a shock first , i don`t think i`ll ever need it on the twistie bits around here , also dropped the front end by 5mm , love it ya know , come to think of it , who needs an FZ1 when ya got an awesome fz8

Bajaedition

What I meant to say was, how is the handling better than the fz8? I've never ridden too many bikes but some times I wonder how people can feel that much of a difference from one sport bike to another (ie. magazine writters).
most people, no
but they read magazines and think they can!
ok I doupt if 90 percent of riders have their preload set up correct according to where it needs to be. Each bike has a place it needs to be according to the load of that ride.
then, it takes someone who is trained to detect if damping is correct, most settings are in a general range for the intended use of the machine and it is almost at the end of the scale you can feel if it is needed to be adjusted.
now, about what most people can tell is if the spring rate is wrong, and that is nothing you can adjust, you need to replace with either stronger or weaker springs,
so, the answer to your question is NO most riders do not have a clue and adjust things way out of bounds just because they have the ability and not the knowledge so they actually deteriorate the performance.:eek: