Actual "mod" to stock exhaust

Shleeve

Hey all, I'm saving up for an Akrapovic but I'm a tight on cash right now. I'm just wondering to satisfy my urge for awhile, is there anything that can be done to the stock exhaust to open it up a bit/debaffle/derestrict it? Like take out the CC or some shiiit?

btw I'll get some pics of my bike up soon, just waiting on some turn signals that should be here anyday :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I think you're gonna have to be the guinea pig on this one. You may be able to remove the end cap and see what's going on in there.

Shleeve

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, but if i screw something up I can't replace it for awhile. Anyone with a slip-on willing to take a look at the inside of their stock can?

I have a friend with a 2002 Honda cbr f4i and he made a shorty can out of his stock can but can't find a fuel map to run it he said it runs like a crap on with it on.... I would say just to leave it stock until u can get a slip on it's what I did I had to wait a year but it's going to be worth it..... You wouldn't want to run the chance of leaning out and doing some real damage

kbrink

Before I got my slip-on pipe, I drilled holes in the baffle at the end/bottom of the two outlets, using a long extension and a 7/8" bimetal hole cutter. The result is definitely more sound, though a bit raspy for my liking, but it might do the trick for ya (like it did for me) until you get the $ for a good slip-on. One tip, If I were to do it again, I would drill out one, s
Fire it up and see if I liked the sound before I drilled the next.

Ride safe & have FUN!!!

Spike82