AcidRaiN's Mods.....

AcidRaiN

I just picked my 2011 up this week. Here's how she looks stock:

Today I'll be installing an LED, smoked, integrated tail light. Also a R&G tidy tail. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

I'm just waiting on my 905 racing cage to come in.

AcidRaiN

I just got done installing everything. I'm not too impressed with the quality of the tail light from motobikepart.com. When I was testing it, the left turn signal acts a bit funny, well actually part of the right side blinks red when you select left turn. But I already had it in and almost put back together, so I will live with it for now.
The R&G tidy tail is good! No complaints with it at all!!!

I just took the tail off to install everything.

Finished product.....for now......

AcidRaiN

now the more I look at it..... I need new mirrors and front signals. Any suggestions?

Not to mention an exhaust and tank pads.

lothodon

Super Moderator
your lighting issue sounds like a bad ground. double check the ground.

as for turns, i found a nice set of four led amber turns that i love off ebay, $19 for the entire set and they are bright enough for daytime use.

mirrors...ahh, mirrors!

IF you really want to SEE, go bar ends. there is a HUGE thread on mirrors in the mod section. i've now tried four sets other than stock and i'm sticking with bar ends. they were the cheapest of them all as well.

AcidRaiN

I'm not too happy with the integrated tail light. I think I'm going to get some smoked LEDs for the front and rear. Just run the tail light as a tail light, not use the turn signal function.

C

calscrazy

thats what i did. i just feel better about it since i am out sometimes after dark. hoping these folks around me actually see me.

H

Hoover

I smoked my taillight and run clear led turns. Tail light looks badass.

AcidRaiN

Today I finished up some mods. Added the 905 racing cage, flash rate controller, smoked led turn signals front and rear, tidy tail, smoked tail light.

Ordered : bar end mirrors and gold shorty levers.

About the only thing left is exhaust and ceramic coating my pipes.

AcidRaiN

Well, I think that she is done for now. I might get the pipes coated flat black this winter, and maybe get the rims powercoated gold to match the forks.

Now it's time for my favorite mod!!! Putting some miles on her!!!

Bar end mirrors - Ebay
LED smoked turn signals, front and rear - Ebay
905 Racing cage
Tankster tank grips
Tank protector
LED tail light
R&G tidy tail
Vance & Haynes CS one slip on exhaust
Gold shorty levers - Ebay

K-Gr.

Quick question AcidRain - do those mirrors work? I am considering to buy those as well, but I wish to know if they work better then stock :) Thx!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Quick question AcidRain - do those mirrors work? I am considering to buy those as well, but I wish to know if they work better then stock :) Thx!

Too bad you're not in Canada, i have a pair of them. They work better than stock ,but not nearly as good as the round $5 ones off e-bay.

Sschwar4

ok i have to admit i really dig the looks of the smoked tail light. blends in very well.

I definitely like the looks of the smoked tail light, but see it as impractical since it reduces your visibility and reduces the distinction of tail and brake operation.

Most states have laws that state, rear must reflect red. Not just when the light is on. Most cops ignore it.

I have heard lately about insurance companies fighting this issue and winning. Being the person at fault was considered to be not at fault, since tail light was inadequate / not visible enough.

I would hate to be struck from behind, and left standing alone after my insurance company was sued and lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD