ABS on a U.S. FZ8?

onesonofamitch

So I was on the european yamaha site ,FZ8-N ABS 2012 Features - Motorcycles - Yamaha Motor Scandinavia, and saw that the Euro FZ8-n comes standard with ABS. In the US it's not even an option, So i was wondering if anybody had looked into getting the parts or program or whatever was necessary to add ABS?

I tried searching the forum for this topic and couldn't really find anything broaching this topic. Any links, thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Hopefully i'm not just missing something here and make myself out to be a bit of a tard on my first post.

Last edited:
S

Shock

ABS seems to get mixed reviews as good or bad idea. I think it sounds like a good idea and would be interested in a "how to" tread. One study reported 30% reduction in fatalities.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
ABS is great on a bike. Unless your off road, then not so good. But since this is a street bike ABS would be nice. There is a lot of plumbing to do if you want to install ABS and much more expensive than if the bike already had it, wich the American models should have already IMO, or at least an option.. It is best done from the factory.