ABS brake retrofit?

tjfisher

ill take no abs please . as it has it time and place having the skill to control you bike is preferred by me . i know they only teach it now in advanced courses but when i took the rider class they made you learn front lockup and how to control it . you had to prove the skill to pass the class
i was very thankful for it with my first gsxr , i panic stopped and those six piston calipers said yes and stopped that front wheel immediately:eek: .
oh yeah no wreck :D

tjfisher

Plus BMW has had major issues on certain models of k series with abs failing and locking the front rotor :eek:
these newer features help but also make society lazy and relent on the them not the skills to do it yourself
just my 2 cent no offense to anyone :D

9 Lives

Oh, alright - my bad then. It sounded pretty sarcastic, unless you're actually excited about robots just driving us around...

Yip was being sarcastic but never said anything about ABS being bad or I hated it. I like new gadgets as long as they have an off button and not mandated by the government because they know whats best for me.

funnelli

less = faster
TURBO JOE TUNED ECU,Bazzaz ZFI,Moto-Dyn Taillight /turn signals,Tech Spec,GRAVES full,Yosh fender eliminator/timing cover/spools,K&N,AIS Block off plates,Rizoma bar end mirrors,R6 throttle tube,FZ1 fork internals,T-Rex frame sliders,Evotech rad-guard,rad-covers,shorty,levers.satan666 r1 adapter and R1 shock,OEM fly screen, driven grips,USB port, headlight painted forks blacked out
coming soon:brakes and cam swap new sprockets

Isn't it a touch ironic that your above statement is then followed by a long list of updates/ extras? :D