50/50 chance

Tango59

I'll be trading my 08 Bandit 1250 for an FZ8. I'm also looking at the BMW
F800R. I've checked out both bikes (friend has a dealership that sells both) and lean a bit more toward the FZ8. The FZ will be about 4 grand less OTD, the BMW has a 3 year warranty but Yamaha offers a 3 year warranty for about $500. If the FZ had a decent paint job (I don't really care for the gray Matte finish), I would be completely sold on it. I guess I could always get it repainted....... Comments please.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I really like my fz, cant comment on the bmw allthough sure to be a nice bike.
I prefer the paint on the '11. other bikes I was interested in were not in the budget. cant go wrong for the price. my:2cents:

C

Camo

4 grand in your pocket when you ride out the door on the 8 should see you with a custom paint scheme and change for some mods ;)

W

WARPTH

i was also tossing up between a fair few bikes actually. but i couldn't see any of the other bikes i was looking at as being 2 3 4 or even 5 grand better.
IMO the fz8 looks great. power is good. suspension is fine for me. (so far) brakes are good. and anything you don't like on it can be upgraded with change left over from any of the other bikes your looking at. but in saying that. a bike is a very personal purchase and you have to be happy and comfortable with what ever you buy.

bobbyb

try to find a 2011 model, beauty black paint.I bought mine for just under $7000 this spring. $4000 difference? My mind is made up.

H

Hoover

I had a Bandit 12. There is no comparison. The FZ is just a much better bike. Modern technology compared to not so.
Not that the Bandit was bad, but even with GSXR usd forks, a Fox rear shock and sticky rubber, it was not a patch on the 8.

Tango59

I had a Bandit 12. There is no comparison. The FZ is just a much better bike. Modern technology compared to not so.
Not that the Bandit was bad, but even with GSXR usd forks, a Fox rear shock and sticky rubber, it was not a patch on the 8.

The Bandit is great transportation but for me that's kind of where it ends. I went by a paint shop today and after talking to one of the guys, I've made up my mind to go with the FZ. Even with paint I'd still have money left over for a nice slip-on and maybe a new Shoei.

Tango59

I rode to work today hoping there was still some love left for the Bandit. It's gone... Doesn't look as hot as she did when I first saw her, a bit on the heavy side and just don't put a smile on my face anymore. Talked to the wife for a bit about the FZ and I'm gonna go by the dealer thursday before going to the part time job.