2013 mods, so far....

aj700

Started with Close to 300€ from tax return. Well now this digged up a hole in pocket. Here It goes.....

1.Lightech rearset. - to be honest i didnt needed It. But i wanted It. :D
Bought last month. If rewinded, i will still buy this again. Doesnt come with the GP style gear shifting. I wanted to move the pegs, so didnt care abt that. Pegs are tightened to highest and back most slot. It helped me improve a lot more with an aggressive feeling to lean more fwd, and more grip on tank.
I didnt yet buy the brake light switch/whatever that is yet. thats around 10$, if am correct. so rear lights wont work with rear brake now. But thats no big problem for me, since I use rear brake only in slow speeds.

[edit] the black color scheme, makes it easliy blend with the bike.

2. Tank grips from techspec.
Well, I have mixed feelings abt this. the adhesive is the best part. if you dont like it, its easy to take it out. Good quality too. But I never got the 'plugged in' feeling which many guys said it gives. I should have tried the stompgrip, probably. But am leaving it as it is now.

3. Brake&Clutch levers + Mirrors.
Bought both from ebay, through different sellers. levers turned out to be really great. I can recommend that. kind of change the look of the bike.
But Tomok mirror ended up in a tragedy. 27£ including shipping. it came with a blue glass, which I didnt ask for, nor was mentioned anywhere in ebay page. but no probs. while installing a screw broke. it took away two thread lines from the screw hole in mirror arm too. I contacted the seller, but understood I will have to ship it back, which cost around 25£. so took a long and tighter screw and saw-off from the other end. all together a mess, since the threads were gone in first place.
for 27£ you cannot cry abt the quality, right?
then one fine day, I was riding on highway, and did a small knock on the mirror with a finger to adjust it, dangggg, it broke.

enuf... am done. came home and ordered a good quality mirror from lightech. thru ebay. 175£. its a bit higher, but quality&styling is superb. you get what you pay for. but I will never spend so much on any fancy item any more.

/Aj

aj700

all of that lightech hardware is spot on.

yes, quite true. I bet Rizoma or Graves may be even better in quality. After the mirror incident, I didnt wanted to take chance with cheap stuff from danmoto or similar, especially for gear and rear brake lever. LOL.

Rizomas are around 780$ here. I checked with Graves too, they quoted around 800$ including shipping from US. :eek:

So lightech got a big adv- around 490$. these are prices in here after conversion to USD.

aj700

had to wait till the rain gets over...
here are some more pics.

Ducati Monster mirror were my target really, but couldnt find anything that fits fz8 properly. tomok and now this one looks much better.
the windscreen there may be taking away bit of aggressiveness, but I keep it as it is as I got the bike with that one. :)