2012 USA Model Brand New, Couple of Issues

Hi, I just purchased a new old stock 2012 bike (USA model) and I was wondering if anybody had any issues with the gauges reading the fuel amount wrong. I was at about 85 miles on the bike and the fuel meter was flashing close to empty. I've read about getting bad fuel milage during break in, but it seemed unusually bad, except when I went to fill up for the second time (did so right out of the dealership), it was only 2.5 gallons, which meant I still had 2 gallons left (34 miles to the gallon on break in with most of it coming from highway use).

The other issue I am having is the left mirror can't be physically put into a decent location as when I rotate it, its like a thread is off and it loosens up and drops down to looks at the ground. I'd had to take it in for that if it's something I'm just missing on my part, but when I twist it tight, I can't rotate in the other directions to get a good view.

Thanks

medivh66

Pillion
Our fuel guage is off, it's not just u... That's a thing with all 8's

strange, I havent noticed an issues with my fuel gauge. I also use the Acar android app. my last fill up was 42.51mpg. overall average of 42.59. my lowest was 32.42 and highest 47.27.

cxa0897

my fuel light comes on constistently at ~140 miles on moderate drives and I have never put more than 3.3/3.4 gallons into the bike, even after riding a bit on the reserve. That means i still have over a gallon left in the tank, so the light really shouldn't even be coming on. seems to be pretty standard based on what ive read around here

with the mirrors, my left mirror is definitely more loose than the right one as well, but not to the point where it falls down. once it is set in place, it stays reasonably well.

xXAvroArrowXx

My reserve consistently comes on when I've got about 0.7 - 0.75 of a US gallon left in the tank. It maybe flashes once or twice before going into "F-Trip" due to sloshing around, but like I said - says on at about 0.7 US Gal.

- Avro

2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

Last edited:

DLSGAP

Mine usually goes into ftrip around 120 miles and I stop within 20 mikes.. When I fill up, it rarely takes more than 3.5gal....same as above .
This last tank i was at 155miles and still not in ftrip... So who knows

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Skiman

I got around 40/45 mpg right out of the dealership and after 2000 miles I'm getting in the 50/55 mpg range (a few times I've run close to 60 mpg) and the fuel light goes on around 140/145 miles, so I'm usually putting in around 2 to 3 gallons at tops.

The mirror....well....back to the dealership for that! Have them replace it!

Kliph

Re the Left Mirror:

My ride was the same, that is it was useable, however if I adjusted the
mirror the wrong way - It would flop down.

After some investigation, I realized that my problem was a loose nut on the
stem of the mirror, ie: I lifted up the rubber cover on the stem and tightened the nut.

My left mirror now behaves like my right.

Kliph