2012 FZ8 with matte finish

razzle

I am considering a 2012 fz8 with the matte gray finish but not sold on the paint scheme. I have not scene it in person yet but the savings on the bike is nice!
I kinda wish yamaha would use more of the gloss colors like they do in europe.
How does the color look outside and does it have shine? Any pics of the 2012 would be great! Thanks!

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I am considering a 2012 fz8 with the matte gray finish but not sold on the paint scheme. I have not scene it in person yet but the savings on the bike is nice!
I kinda wish yamaha would use more of the gloss colors like they do in europe.
How does the color look outside and does it have shine? Any pics of the 2012 would be great! Thanks!

The great thing about motorcycle plastic is that there are very few to paint if you wanted a color makeover. So if you can save $500 to $1000 on getting an older 2012, then you could have a custom color you want! and still be saving money.

as for me, I love my matte gray.

razzle

The great thing about motorcycle plastic is that there are very few to paint if you wanted a color makeover. So if you can save $500 to $1000 on getting an older 2012, then you could have a custom color you want! and still be saving money.

as for me, I love my matte gray.

thats what i was thinkin too! Its a $1000 dollars cheaper than a 13!
Is the gas tank piece just cover a plastic tank?

JSP

Administrator
thats what i was thinkin too! Its a $1000 dollars cheaper than a 13!
Is the gas tank piece just cover a plastic tank?

The front tank piece is plastic and covers part of the gas tank and air box.

razzle

Hope i will get the chance to check out the 2012 fz8 this weekend.
I wouldnt mind finding a leftover 11' hanging around at a NY dealer tho!

fazemon

2012 FZ8 with matte

Find u a nice,low mileage '11, with the Raven color. Its SO beautiful out in the sun with that light metal flake in it. Loved mine!!

razzle

I finally got to see a 13 fz8 today at the dealership and the matte finish looks alot better in person i think.It almost looks metallic up close

Ryandi2

when i saw the fz8 in photos i wasnt to keen on it. but when i went to the dealer last year i saw a 11 and really liked it. but when i went back there where non left. then i saw a 12 and fell in love with it :D. i love love love my bike and constantly get compliments on it.. there are some things on the bike that ruin the lines but easily removable.. examples, the moped tail and the mirrors.. after that it flows so nice now

FastZ8

I've loved mine from the time I saw it but I've always liked matte colors...plus it's really easy to clean and doesn't water spot bad at all...water just dries right up...when u get the bike wet u can really see the flake...looks more noticable to me in the plastic panels.

razzle

I've loved mine from the time I saw it but I've always liked matte colors...plus it's really easy to clean and doesn't water spot bad at all...water just dries right up...when u get the bike wet u can really see the flake...looks more noticable to me in the plastic panels.

Can you use just good quality car soap to wash it?

Ryandi2

For sure. And dost swirl. When ever I have gloss paint it swirls no matter what

Can you use just good quality car soap to wash it?

Just can't use wax per the manual.