2012 FZ8 - Engine Case Covers

cjbenedict

I've seen only a couple of case covers for the FZ8, and they 'don't exist' for a couple brands that I like.

From the bit of reading I've done on the FZ8, the engine is derived from the FZ1 (which is derived from the R1 for xx-xx years).

My questions is, are the engine cases for the FZ8 the same as the FZ1, or for the R1? Finding engine case covers for those bikes are plentiful compare to the FZ8.

Asmodeus

I've seen only a couple of case covers for the FZ8, and they 'don't exist' for a couple brands that I like.

From the bit of reading I've done on the FZ8, the engine is derived from the FZ1 (which is derived from the R1 for xx-xx years).

My questions is, are the engine cases for the FZ8 the same as the FZ1, or for the R1? Finding engine case covers for those bikes are plentiful compare to the FZ8.

Yes, the FZ8 and the FZ1 have the same engine case. The bore and stroke are different, along with the crankshaft and number of valves (the FZ1 has five per cylinder vs four on the FZ8), but they share the same engine case and frame.

cjbenedict

Hi, thanks for the confirmation about the FZ1 engine cases being the same. There are more options for them (eg. Woodcraft) than for the FZ8

Cheers