2011 FZ8 with everything. $6000

desertdude

So I outfitted this bike and absolutely love it. It is perfect except for the fact i got the bug for a dual sport adventure bike and want to try something different and new, like a new 2014 BMW GS1200 Adventure. Im going to try and sell this and put the money towards a BMW. I rode this bike for 11,000 miles and decided that I want something with more carrying capacity and wind protection for the long haul.

I will sell this bike as it sits for $6000. It has almost new Michelin pilot road 3 tires on it(3000 miles), CRG bar end mirrors, Yoshimura R77 slip-on exhaust, R&G fender eliminator, bead rider seat cover, Graves AIS block off plates, and a bags-connection slipstream tail bag.

It has white plasti-dipped wheels, which I did just to see how I liked the white wheels before I permanently powder coated them. It peels right off if you want it too.

I love this bike and its awesome, just want to try something new. Was possibly going to sell it after turning it back to stock or trading it in in stock form and selling the extras, but thought i'd try here before I clean it up.

It also has the bags connection electrified tank bag that mounts on the tank ring with no straps or magnets. That can be included for a little extra. Its expensive but worth every penny. Easy on and off and yet charge your electronics. Best thing I ever bought motorcycle related besides the helmet communicator.

Price out the accessories and a FZ8 and see how much it costs to do all this. You'll see its a good deal.

Want it delivered??, lets talk about it.

Last edited:

Tix

Your bike looks nice. I hope you're able to get what you want for her.

The BMW is a great bike. I had the pleasure of test riding one and Loved It!
I too am looking to get an Enduro.
There is a KLR650 in Tuscon that I have my eye on. For $4.5k and 3k miles... It's tempting!

Let me know if you get the BMW and if you want to ride the dunes! If not, maybe I'll see you on the street w/ my 8. :cool:

desertdude

i test rode one too and was sold on it. Just got to get rid of or trade-in my fz8 to get one. Or maybe i'll have both, now that would be great too.

Tix

i test rode one too and was sold on it. Just got to get rid of or trade-in my fz8 to get one. Or maybe i'll have both, now that would be great too.

hahah, both is the ideal. Thats my plan.

I'd personally try to avoid a trade in. The dealers always seem to undercut the value of the trade. I can understand a little as they have to make some money, but when you come in with a $5K bike and they offer $2k?

Thats just being greedy. Especially when they try to resell the bike for $6K! lol

desertdude

not even an offer?? I thought for sure i'd get a bite or 2. Willing to negotiate. New bike is on the ship and on its way!!

desertdude

i'll even throw in the Bags-Connection electrified Engage tank bag and rear stand!! Gotta move this thing, my new bike is going to arrive anytime now.

MotoZen

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but you do realize that most of the members on this forum are already going to have an fz8? Since it's been a while, you may want to try a local ad in cycle trader, eBay, Craigslist, etc.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

desertdude

forums like this bring alot of lurkers, people that are researching and perhaps looking for their next bike. Forum members that read the for sale ad might let a buddy know about a bike for sale and assist them in getting a bike like theirs.

Of course I posted it on craigslist AND Cycletrader. I wouldn't bank on just one forum to sell a bike.

MotoZen

Fair enough. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.