2011 FZ8 for sale

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Black on black on black, 2011 FZ8 13,xxx kms. Never dropped, as new condition. 100% stock , no drivetrain mods. Few cosmetic mods, Levers(Pazzo) Bar end mirrors, Yamaha sliders, Yamaha windscreen, MRA windscreen, Top Sellerie custom seats. PM for more. B.C ,Canada.

mckshred

Black on black on black, 2011 FZ8 13,xxx kms. Never dropped, as new condition. 100% stock , no drivetrain mods. Few cosmetic mods, Levers(Pazzo) Bar end mirrors, Yamaha sliders, Yamaha windscreen, MRA windscreen, Top Sellerie custom seats. PM for more. B.C ,Canada.

Dang, sorry to see another forum 'old-timer' go. Can I ask why are you selling and if you are replacing it, what with?

decooney

Ever since i got my 2012 Vmax i don't ride the FZ8.

BW,
I'm interested in your change in direction?. I woud think these two are very different type of motorcycles and ride. If I could do a VMAX and FZ8, I would. Do you ride longer straight roads or ride many twisty roads in the mountains? I really like the handling of the FZ8 on curvy mountain or back roads. I can also imagine how much more fun the VMAX would be riding down something like longer stretches of the Pacific Coast Highway along the ocean. If I parted with my FZ8 more than a few years down the road, it might be for a new VMAX.

[]V[]addog

vmax is a power cruiser... pretty much the only choice in a cruiser if I was going that direction... good choice.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The 2012 Vmax has a sport frame, fully adjustable fingertip suspension(front and rear), ABS brakes on the new GEN2. It will smoke any FZ8 in the twisties, not like the old Vmax that was more for dragstrip, the new Vmax is a killer 1/4 mile bike that you can scrape pegs with, handles very good for a big bike. The Vmax is a lot more comfortable on long trips due to its big seat and more upright position. I live in B.C and ride 99% twistie mountain passes , not many straight roads here. I planned on keeping the FZ8 as it was a blast to run around on, but every time i went to the garage the Vmax was irresistable. Vmax is not cheap, as Yamaha uses all its leading tech and engineering in this bike, but if you see one in person you will see how hi-tech and and incredibly engineered the bike is, took Yamaha's top engineers 10 years to develop the Gen 2 1700 Vmax, so you pay big $$$$ for them. There is only 195 available to Canada each year so they rarely go for a reduced price but i got 3 grand off after the guy that ordered it chickened out. If you look at the last Mag test of the Vmax,Quote" none of us were man enough to use the power and handling of the brutally insane Vmax" end quote. Truly a motorcycle experience that has to be ridden.

Last edited:
G

GNoiZZ

Guess the Vmax could be my next bike.... some modding and it's a really cool bike.

Google Image Result for http://downloadwallpaperhd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Custom-Yamaha-Vmax-iPad-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

decooney

BW,
Hehehe. Some interesting reading over there on the VMAX forum about handling and riding the VMAX in the twisties. Those guys sure like to ham it up over there. Funny. How does your vmax handle on the twisties?? - VMaxForum.net

Don't mean to rob your FZ8 for sale thread, but its for a good cause. What else would someone sell their FZ8 for but a VMAX. ;) My local dealer lets me test ride bikes from time to time. They have new and used VMAXs over there. Do you know if there were any other major updates made to the VMAX after 2009? Which year did they make the redesign changes you are referring to?

Black Widow

Avid Rider
BW,
Hehehe. Some interesting reading over there on the VMAX forum about handling and riding the VMAX in the twisties. Those guys sure like to ham it up over there. Funny. How does your vmax handle on the twisties?? - VMaxForum.net

Don't mean to rob your FZ8 for sale thread, but its for a good cause. What else would someone sell their FZ8 for but a VMAX. ;) My local dealer lets me test ride bikes from time to time. They have new and used VMAXs over there. Do you know if there were any other major updates made to the VMAX after 2009? Which year did they make the redesign changes you are referring to?

Like i said the 1st Gen Vmax from 1985 to 2007 was a 1/4 mile drag bike that had some wobble issues in the twisties, the 2nd Gen 2009 and up has superior handling characteristics. As well as another 50 hp .