2011 fazer 8

greenturbo

Hey all , new to the forum,

I bought my fazer hating the way it looked.. but loving the fact it was an "800" with a less sporty ride position
here are some photos of the work i have done already

flush mount signals, pod light mods, yosh tail kit and fairings

e11charlie

Welcome. I fell in love with the way the FZ8 looked. Might look kind of cool with just that lower fairing and no upper. Hmmmmm

Lee_533

Welcome. Very nice looking bike. I have the naked model but I was thinking of get some fazer fairings just to have them when I want to change things up.

BDazzler

Looks great. I wish they sold the 'fazer' or 's' model in the states, but I guess the USA gets the FZ1 in 's' and the FZ8 in 'n'. Maybe Yamaha should ship them with both parts and the dealer could put on the one you want. :rolleyes:

greenturbo

thanks for the kind words guys, I tried hard to keep it looking clean

I got the fairings from TCP Aerodynamics

the flush mounts are hotbodies ones for an R6 i had to mod the hell out of to make fit,

and the pod light mod was done with r1 light sockets if i remember right.

You know I wish they offered this model in the USA... would have made getting flush mounts and stuff easier for sure.

i think my next mod is a vance an hines pipe. they make a cool black one

AlCab

I personally think that a headlight fairing on an otherwise naked bike looks out of place so I like the addition of the lower fairings. Looks good!

And :welcome:

Lee_533

thanks for the kind words guys, I tried hard to keep it looking clean

I got the fairings from TCP Aerodynamics

the flush mounts are hotbodies ones for an R6 i had to mod the hell out of to make fit,

and the pod light mod was done with r1 light sockets if i remember right.

You know I wish they offered this model in the USA... would have made getting flush mounts and stuff easier for sure.

i think my next mod is a vance an hines pipe. they make a cool black one

What's the price on the lower fairing kit? I went to the sight but no prices.

Emohawk

Thanks for the tip on the fairings! They look sharp. I expect there's a black Fazer 8 in Newfoundland that will have those by next season... :)

sinclap2

Lazy
:welcome: and the bike looks great!

I personally think that a headlight fairing on an otherwise naked bike looks out of place so I like the addition of the lower fairings. Looks good!

And :welcome:

I am/was of the same opinion when I got my bike. So, I got the JMV Concepts fairings and damn it makes a big difference to the look. There aren't may of us about! I suspected, I have the only full faired FZ8 in Australia.

I was never keen on owning a naked bike, but the look has grown on me since being on this forum. I still wouldn't own one, but the look of a naked bike is raw and aggressive.

Last edited:

greenturbo

:welcome: and the bike looks great!

I am/was of the same opinion when I got my bike. So, I got the JMV Concepts fairings and damn it makes a big difference to the look. There aren't may of us about! I suspected, I have the only full faired FZ8 in Australia.

I was never keen on owning a naked bike, but the look has grown on me since being on this forum. I still wouldn't own one, but the look of a naked bike is raw and aggressive.

I didn't even know about these ones. they look nice!

I hear ya on that, I have not even seen another FZ8 on the street here never mind a fazer8

Thanks for the tip on the fairings! They look sharp. I expect there's a black Fazer 8 in Newfoundland that will have those by next season... :)

yw, You will be glad you did

slowkey

I have a fazer 8 as well they look great had several people walk up and tell me how nice it is!
Have you done any research on mirrors? It something I really want to change thought maybe you've stumbled across a supplier ;)

greenturbo

I have a fazer 8 as well they look great had several people walk up and tell me how nice it is!
Have you done any research on mirrors? It something I really want to change thought maybe you've stumbled across a supplier ;)

no i have not yet
alot of guys do bar end mirrors,

what about you?

highoctane

Canyon Carver
no i have not yet
alot of guys do bar end mirrors,

what about you?

Just about everyone here hates the stock mirrors, bar ends are popular but I personally don't. I have not changed mine yet and maby won't because the only ones I like are the rizoma's and they are pricey maby too pricey.