2011 exhaust the same as the 2013?

Tix

So I've had my FZ8 for about 3 weeks and besides being in love with her, I'm really into modding her.

Right now I'm looking at the Jardine RT5 slip on -- but I can only find it for the 2011? Has the exhaust changed much from '11 - '13?

Anyone know if it would work, or if there is a similar sounding exhaust that will work with the '13 FZ8?

MikeC

Weekend Rider
So I've had my FZ8 for about 3 weeks and besides being in love with her, I'm really into modding her.

Right now I'm looking at the Jardine RT5 slip on -- but I can only find it for the 2011? Has the exhaust changed much from '11 - '13?

Anyone know if it would work, or if there is a similar sounding exhaust that will work with the '13 FZ8?

all the same header. Any slip on that fits for an '11 will fit on a '13. The only difference is that they changed the shape of the muffler a bit on the '13s.

I bought the Two Brothers Racing carbon slip-on. Looks and sounds awesome. It was made for 2011 but fit the 2013 fine. Only one problem, the 2013 exhaust heat guard is not compatible. Anyone know where I can get a exhaust guard from the 2011 model?

b-eock

You can buy it from someone if they're willing to give it up. Or you can find it from any online retailer that sales OEM Factory parts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah I was able to find it through OEM retailers but it averages an insane 60$ with hardware! That blew my mind...I think I'll wait.

b-eock

Maybe I'll sell you mine. I've got no use for it. And I won't sell the bike. I sure as hell won't ask 60 for it. PM me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Tix

So, FYI:

It seems the Mid Pipe / Can either had a misaligned retention spring mounts ... Or there is a difference from the '11 to the '13...

Either way, you can Stretch the spring - as I did - and make it fit. I will post a picture of my setup soon... Looks a little odd (I guess) but it works.

Man what a Difference! I'm Loving the RT5! :)