2011-2013 Front Rim with Bearings

sirdyza

I am selling a front rim that I purchased on Ebay to replace a rim that I had flattened in a pothole. This wheel is true, no dings or scratches, no bends, and has the inner workings so all you have to do is replace the axle put it on your bike and it is good to go.

Oh yeah, and it has the disk rotors, that are in excelent shape as well. I purchased it for just over $150, but before I repost it on ebay, I thought I would see if anyone here wants to buy it. I will part with it for $100 + shipping as I currently need the cash. I have looked at other rims and this is a good price, but please don't take my word for it. If you need a replacement rim due to a pothole, this may be your best bet. PM me if interrested and I can send pictures.

Thank you for looking.

sirdyza

Why I didn't use it

I ended up being the victim in a near head-on collision. I was riding in the twisties in the Colorado Rockies and as I came around the corner, there was a car strattling the double yellow line (like Pac Man). I tried to stop in time, but ran out of road. The radiator was punctured, and there were scratches all over the bike. I had the option to fix it, and get half the value, and then have a 'salvaged' title or take the full loss option, which allowed me to find a 2013 (mine was a 2011) that was within the value they provided for the value of the bike and my helmet. So I totalled it out completely, took the proceeds and purchased a 2013 that had a Leo Vince custom pipe on it as well. That way I got a newer bike, with less miles, with a custom pipe (I didn't have), and the upgraded suspension. I had enough left over to purchase a really nice helmet with a bluetooth com that links up to my cell phone if I like, or to communicate with other riders when in a group.

I was very lucky not to have been injured more than I was. My left hip was really bruised, and my right thumb and forefinger feel as if they may have had a serious sprain or a hairline fracture. Nothing much that the doctor could do for me, so I have just been letting them heal.

The car of course kept on going, and the two behind them did stop, but didn't get any information. It was a twisty road, so they were far gone by the time I got up. I was actually very lucky. I hit the guard rail, and went head first between the pilons holding it up. I don't want to think of what would have happened should I have hit one of those. I wasn't going too fast when I went down (maybe 10 to 15 mph), but it still could have been catastrophic. Of course the insurance put the blame on me because there was no police report or anything like that.

I must say that I am far more careful now that I have been through this. It was a decision making moment - keep riding or cash out. I decided to keep riding as it is my form of stress relief. I just go much slower in the twisties now. Maybe in time I will gain my confidence back, but for now I get nervous any time I head into a blind turn!

So that is why I didn't use the wheel.

SirDyza

sirdyza

Is now listed on Ebay, but will remove if someone is interrested

I have now posted this to Ebay, but if someone is interrested, please let me know ASAP as I can still at this point pull it from the listing. This is possible until I receive any bids. I did the starting selling price at $100 there, so if you want the security of Ebay and PayPal, you can find it there under the following auction number (not sure if I can post this..... If I am not supposed to, let me know and I will edit it out ASAP):

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

SirDyza.

Darksabre

I ended up being the victim in a near head-on collision. I was riding in the twisties in the Colorado Rockies and as I came around the corner, there was a car strattling the double yellow line (like Pac Man). I tried to stop in time, but ran out of road. The radiator was punctured, and there were scratches all over the bike. I had the option to fix it, and get half the value, and then have a 'salvaged' title or take the full loss option, which allowed me to find a 2013 (mine was a 2011) that was within the value they provided for the value of the bike and my helmet. So I totalled it out completely, took the proceeds and purchased a 2013 that had a Leo Vince custom pipe on it as well. That way I got a newer bike, with less miles, with a custom pipe (I didn't have), and the upgraded suspension. I had enough left over to purchase a really nice helmet with a bluetooth com that links up to my cell phone if I like, or to communicate with other riders when in a group.

I was very lucky not to have been injured more than I was. My left hip was really bruised, and my right thumb and forefinger feel as if they may have had a serious sprain or a hairline fracture. Nothing much that the doctor could do for me, so I have just been letting them heal.

The car of course kept on going, and the two behind them did stop, but didn't get any information. It was a twisty road, so they were far gone by the time I got up. I was actually very lucky. I hit the guard rail, and went head first between the pilons holding it up. I don't want to think of what would have happened should I have hit one of those. I wasn't going too fast when I went down (maybe 10 to 15 mph), but it still could have been catastrophic. Of course the insurance put the blame on me because there was no police report or anything like that.

I must say that I am far more careful now that I have been through this. It was a decision making moment - keep riding or cash out. I decided to keep riding as it is my form of stress relief. I just go much slower in the twisties now. Maybe in time I will gain my confidence back, but for now I get nervous any time I head into a blind turn!

So that is why I didn't use the wheel.

SirDyza
Yikes man; didn't expect that. Glad you're (mostly) ok and you got a new FZ8 out of it :cool:

jdelauw

I have now posted this to Ebay, but if someone is interrested, please let me know ASAP as I can still at this point pull it from the listing. This is possible until I receive any bids. I did the starting selling price at $100 there, so if you want the security of Ebay and PayPal, you can find it there under the following auction number (not sure if I can post this..... If I am not supposed to, let me know and I will edit it out ASAP):

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

SirDyza.

Hey I was wondering if you still have the front wheel for sale?