11' FZ8 Is this a Good Price? $7000 (USA, Washington)

whitecracker

I have the ability to buy a 2011 FZ8 with 578 Miles All stock even down to the ugly fender license bracket

He will take no less than $7000.

Was curious what the forum experts say if this is a good deal or not?

cambo

Avid Rider
I have the ability to buy a 2011 FZ8 with 578 Miles All stock even down to the ugly fender license bracket

He will take no less than $7000.

Was curious what the forum experts say if this is a good deal or not?

all stock? I'd say 6 grand tops. 6Den on this forum is selling his in basically the same condition for 6 G's.

jm_dug

im in canada (which is always more expensive) and paid 7200 for 2011 with 4000 miles and 1000$ of esthetic mods

for 7000 right now there is a 2013 with 900 miles with jacket and helmet for sale on classified ad and its not selling (winter is coming in 1 month)

like cambo said, im sure you can do way better than that in the USA

ssky0078

The guy probably has a bank note balance to pay. For whatyou can get for $6000 in another bike like a 2011 fz1. I would go even less on this guy. If he doesn't bite at $5500 give your number and tell him you're buying in a month. Let him make another payment and understand the depreciation of a vehicle.

Use nada guides and kbb as well

Speedy2

I bought mine this past august with 2k miles, $5500. Basically stock, just with fender elim. kit and hid which we had to remove.

Keach

As everyone else said...way too expensive. I just got a 2011 with 300 miles for 6,200 and I probably overpaid. I'm in Illinois and in Wisconsin a dealer was selling brand new 2013 for 6,500 although I'm sure they had a bunch of add on dealer fees.

F3NIX

As everyone else said...way too expensive. I just got a 2011 with 300 miles for 6,200 and I probably overpaid. I'm in Illinois and in Wisconsin a dealer was selling brand new 2013 for 6,500 although I'm sure they had a bunch of add on dealer fees.

Im just trying to figure out how anyone could buy an fz8 and only put 300 miles or less on it and then decide to sell it!!! Seriously I had 300 miles on mine the first 2 days :) its such a great all around bike I would think it could cater to most peoples needs

Sent from my phone

ultimate_walrus

Im just trying to figure out how anyone could buy an fz8 and only put 300 miles or less on it and then decide to sell it!!! Seriously I had 300 miles on mine the first 2 days :) its such a great all around bike I would think it could cater to most peoples needs

Sent from my phone

Seriously!! How do you not even break in the engine first??? It was just a straight shot on the highway, but the sheer joy I felt exploring those previously off-limits RPMs for the first time... My god, it was glorious

MotoZen

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with the bike during the engine break in. It wasn't bad, just not as great as I expected.

After the break in though, HOLY CRAP it's awesome!

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Keach

Sent from my phone

Yeah and what was really weird is the guy loaded the bike into a truck and drove from like North Dakota to Illinois to trade it on some rare Harley that I guess he had to have. I imagine a lot of your negotiating power is gone when you drive all that way... can't imagine anyone driving all that way and not making a deal. Sadly I'm still 40 miles away from 1k miles. Weather here turned crappy fast, but this weekend I should hit it! I only got about a week of commuting in on it and rode more than the previous owner.

Keach

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with the bike during the engine break in. It wasn't bad, just not as great as I expected.

After the break in though, HOLY CRAP it's awesome!

I have a YZF600r. I was expecting to keep the fz under 5,500 rpm might be similar to riding low rpms on the yzf which would have been torture. I was really happy with how this bike rides in the lower rpm range, which has made the break in stage bearable for me. But I'm really looking forward to seeing what the bike does this weekend when I hit 1k miles!

MotoZen

I have a YZF600r. I was expecting to keep the fz under 5,500 rpm might be similar to riding low rpms on the yzf which would have been torture. I was really happy with how this bike rides in the lower rpm range, which has made the break in stage bearable for me. But I'm really looking forward to seeing what the bike does this weekend when I hit 1k miles!

The ride character at lower rpms is great, but I wasn't used to it. All the bikes I've had in the past were smaller engines and older so I was expecting a big power boost. I'm not complaining now, but until I learned to open it up a bit I was a little underwhelmed. I LOVE the way it rides now that I'm used to it.